512Mb Geforce 7800 Ultra Specs

GeforcebOY1

Daemon Poster
The ultra name has decided to make a show again. Check this out though , i think the ATi X1800 XT is going to get the biggest kick in the nuts.

550MHZ CORE CLOCK SPEEDS
1800MHZ MEMORY SPEEDS
SAME G70 CORE
512MB GDDR3 MEMORY

This is going to be well hell of a kick up ATi's backside i think . We might just see ATi's X1850XT before the X1800XT is released. lol

Only the memory speed has gone up though I think, which of course will improve things, but not so much so as yet, as 256mb is surely enough for todays games, though Doom 3 on Ultra settings needs at least 512mb to cache all the textures in one go, though the game wouldn't do that.

As for new cards coming out, I know its going to happen.

I think at the moment, were actually seeing hardware going faster than software, as there are these even faster cards coming out to get to 200+ fps on latest games, when you wouldn't see the difference yet, and its going to keep going up and up.

At least you know of course though, that the card is going to last a long time, but in 3 years time when the 7800, etc is still running happily at something like 30-60fps, new software techniques would have been applied, with new engines, for example Shader Model 4 maybe, or Direct X-10, so, is there really a need for these ever advancing cards at the moment?

Radeon X1800 XT
625 MHz CORE CLOCK SPEEDS
1500 MHz MEMORY SPEEDS
512 MB 256-bit GDDR3

so its still simular... however, the x1800xt does support GDDR4 so we shall see!

..|..
|__|

wow... :I think i shall cry like the time I cried after my first sexual experiance (which was a lot):

Kage said:
Only the memory speed has gone up though I think, which of course will improve things, but not so much so as yet, as 256mb is surely enough for todays games, though Doom 3 on Ultra settings needs at least 512mb to cache all the textures in one go, though the game wouldn't do that.

As for new cards coming out, I know its going to happen.

I think at the moment, were actually seeing hardware going faster than software, as there are these even faster cards coming out to get to 200+ fps on latest games, when you wouldn't see the difference yet, and its going to keep going up and up.

At least you know of course though, that the card is going to last a long time, but in 3 years time when the 7800, etc is still running happily at something like 30-60fps, new software techniques would have been applied, with new engines, for example Shader Model 4 maybe, or Direct X-10, so, is there really a need for these ever advancing cards at the moment?

I know it used to be that software was waiting for hardware to catch up to run the program. now the hardware is waiting to be fully used,lol. They can make more cards to their hearts content because all it means is the ones that are just right for now prices will drop :D

alvino said:
Okay...the X1800 XT supports GDDR4, so I win.

The x1800xt's that come out in a few days have gddr4? If so then it's quite weird since it is said that mass production of the gddr4 memory will start next summer! And also if it would have gddr4 then why aren't the mem clock speed higher?

No. The ones that come out in 4 DAYS have GDDR3, but the X1800 XT supports GDDR4, so when Samsung releases the GDDR4, ATI and other manufacturers can implement it. The 7800 GT and GTX, however, don't support GDDR4, so they'll have to stick with GDDR3.

alvino said:
No. The ones that come out in 4 DAYS have GDDR3, but the X1800 XT supports GDDR4, so when Samsung releases the GDDR4, ATI and other manufacturers can implement it. The 7800 GT and GTX, however, don't support GDDR4, so they'll have to stick with GDDR3.

Yes that's what I thought. But then thinking about it samsung said that mass production begins sometime next summer. So there should be some new cards done before that. And why don't the 7800GTX's supports gddr4? I thought that it was made so that u can basicly just swich the memory from gddr3 to gddr4 and it will work. And I would think that nvidia will find a way to use gddr4 in the coming ½ year.

Back
Top Bottom