Helppp!!!tried to reinstall windows xp home ed., now have 2!!!!!

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
aIGGHT, heres what happened. my computer was running kinda slow, so i tried to do full system restore, no go. so i tried to reinstall windows xp home ed., thinking it would be same as system restore.no go. i installed windows xp home ed.,went correctly through installation, then to a screen that looked like it had done everything correctly. i tried to connect to the internet, but the drivers are missing fo everything. when u turn the comp off and then back on, after the dell screen, it goes to a screen where u have to choose which windows xp u want, the new bad one or the old good one that actually works.the old one still works, that's how im typing this, and am trying to delete that new windows xp. i tried the ctrl-f11 thing for the full system restore , but no go. anything would be helpfull. dell dimension 9100-windows xp home ed.

Put the windows CD back in. when it brings you to the screen thats asks which partition(hard drive) you want to install it to delete all existing partition. Note that if you have a second HDD just for files don't delete that one, unless you by mistake put windows on it. after you delete all the partitions there should be no windows (or files) on your hard drive and it will give you a complete fresh start.

just remember your also deleting all the files that are on the hard drive with windows when you delete the partition(s).

yeah, but im trying to keep the old one and delete the new one that i just installed-but this is the least of my worries as i currently installed a xfx 6800 and now i only see my background, no icons or anything. i hate dell by the way, if u could help thanx

Well post the graphics card problem in general computer hardware/software and i'll try to help you there. As for the windows problem, you can only have one windows OS on each partition so all you need to do is figure out which of the partition has the OS you don't want.

i got partition magic, but to actually use it it's $70 freakin dollars...is there any free ones out there?

Back
Top Bottom