nVidia Strikes Back

Kuberr

Daemon Poster
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27368

NVIDIA WONT have new Ultra card but instead it will dramatically increase the speed of its upcoming 7800 GTX 512 MB card. The regular Geforce 7800 GTX with 256MB is working at 430MHz core and 1200MHz memory.

Nvidia won't call it an Ultra, but the Geforce 7800 GTX512 MB will be indeed clocked at ultra speeds. Those cards won't be available and launched on the seventh - they should surface toward the middle of the month but Nvidia should have 6800GS already by next Monday.

We know that new Nvidia card is a very much tweaked original G70, Geforce 7800 GTX PCB design and this time the card will work at a magnificent 550MHz core and at 1800MHz memory. Nvidia felt threatened by the X1800XT and therefore decided to use new Samsung memory. You can find details about this memory here. However, we are not sure whether Nvidia will use an exact 1800MHz clock but should be close to this number.

When it comes to cooling, we know Nvidia is using a new type and we kind of expect dual slot cooling because of the chip's high frequency. Nvidia is still using 110 nanometre based G70 chip, but it managed to clock them more than we ever managed to using clock water cooler cards. If you recall, 520MHz was the highest possible clock that we achieved and here here is the link to refresh your memory. Our cards worked at 500MHz stable but Nvidia managed to clock its new cards to 550MHz and can still cool them with air. We believe that Nvidia tweaked its existing PCB design big time so managing to get those cards to such high speeds.

At such high frequencies and twenty four pipelines, we believe that R520 "Fudo" might experience unbelievable performance spanking and we believe that the situation might drastically change in Nvidia advantage.

But will Nvidia upset all of its Geforce 7800 GTX 256 MB supporters? You can bet it will but Geforce 7800 GTX 512 MB card sounds too good to be true.

Heh. Looks like X1800XT has some competition.

Sounds good. Anything to bring prices down of existing models to tell the truth :p

Anyway, except for the extra power, 512mb is overkill at the moment, hehe.

well i think the ram thing is kinda uneeded because when u play some games it could slow it down because ur pc is trying to work with more ram thus slowing it. but if thats nto true that that would be a niec card. and here we go again now i have to save up for new amd processor and card....... very mad. lol.

Feircepc said:
well i think the ram thing is kinda uneeded because when u play some games it could slow it down because ur pc is trying to work with more ram thus slowing it. but if thats nto true that that would be a niec card. and here we go again now i have to save up for new amd processor and card....... very mad. lol.

I don't think more RAM would slow it down, because the computer doesn't actually use that RAM, just the video card does, so its linked reletivley close to where its needed at all times.

The 110nm process it uses will still limit it's overclockability and cooling. 90nm is the way to go. Becides, 512mb is a waste.

Back
Top Bottom