post ur internet speed

An OC-12 is 622 Mb/s ;) I don't think he has one. His internal lan speed is probably 100Mb/s fast ethernet but then again I doubt that's his external internet speed. PPPoE overhead is the space it takes to encapsulate the packets using the point to point protocal. Oversubscription is the amount of people an ISP subscribes compared to the amount of bandwidth availible. Most residential dsl/cable ISPs are somewhere around 1:50. This is what causes latency, headaches and prime time slow downs - when the ISP "guesses " wrong about oversubscription. Oversubscription is also what allows the ISP to make money and stay in business. Hope this helps with the terms,

im supposed to get 54mb/s with wirless g but i only get about 5 because im so far away from router

well it can transfer 54mbps but you dont have 54 mbps internet servie. the 54mbps is like for remote access and file transfer between computers.

dial up guy. get off NOW

verizon is $15 a month for 768kbps down and i think 384 up

get it

does anyone have like netscape diall up with the netscape browser? that would be funny

i had netscape dial up with IE and know i have dsl with netdcape browser. well i use alot of others but netscape is my friend

Back
Top Bottom