Does SP2 slow down Your Windows or is it just me?

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
Does SP2 slow down Windows or is it just me?

I have a quite fast laptop, 2.6Ghz, 512 RAM, and SP2 seems to slow it down.

I have noticed my Internet runs slower, I have 2MB and I have turned off Windows firewall.

Can Microsoft do anything right?

(and don't even get me started on Windows Media Player 10 Series!)

Any thoughts?

I know people say this alot, but have you tried using a different web browser? For example Firefox? This is meant to be a bit faster, and might fix that.

As for SP2 though, I do agree with you in some ways. i installed it a while ago and getting to windows didn't take as long, but it seemed to go slightly sluggish. Not a big deal though, as it did get better. Some of it was a cause of older drivers causing conflicts with the new settings, and so a bit of updating helped things.

Though now, my computers partition is just getting old, so I'll have to format and start again soon :(

Media Player 10 I don't think is too bad though. Its the latest version of Winamp I'm not liking.
it'll randomly freeze the computer and cause the CPU to go to 100% and it'll take about 20 mins to recover, and you can't press anything either or the speaker goes haywire, and nothing happens. The last time it happened, I ended up restarting.

Usually happens when searching through a song, or when I'm quickly selecting songs one after the other.

What sort of problems are you getting with WMP 10?

I havnt had any problems with SP2 slowing down my lappy...

also, i dont mind media player 10 either, works fine for me... though i do normally use itunes because of my ipod...

Back
Top Bottom