Just learnt about CPU's in my A-level Computing class...

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
Man, I can't believe how all that stuff can fit on that tiny chip. Think about it. All this is inside the CPU:

The Clock
The ALU
The ACC
The GPRS
The Control Unit
The Program Counter
The Memory Address Register
The Memory Data Register
The Current Instruction Register

And to think that the ALU has to decode everything in binary data! Man, even old processors work unbelievably fast compared to our brains!

Imagine if our brains could process data at processor speeds!

Hmp! You learn that in A level? Lucky git...We have to study all the boring stuff like database's and health and saftey...

Oh, don't worry, after we have finished programming in Pascal we have to use Access.

WooHoo!!

Wow, very kewl.

Well lol, if it could, it'd be a bit weird. Our brains just aren't built to handle such calculations. Though there are a few people in the world who have a slight disability but are excellent at maths and can work out extreme calucations, just from the head. Even all the decimal points that a calculator produces.
Plus, some can read a book almost by looking at a page for a few seconds, at turning over, and also having excellent memory, and being able to learn new things as fast as in a week, for instance a full language fluently.

There was a program about it a bit ago.

^^^

I think I watched it. You live in England, right?

Didn't the guy learn to speak Icelandish in a week? And he met the American guy who was the inspiration for the film 'Rain Man'?

That guy could remember everything that ever happened to him, even what he had for dinner 20 years ago!

Lac3y said:
^^^

I think I watched it. You live in England, right?

Didn't the guy learn to speak Icelandish in a week? And he met the American guy who was the inspiration for the film 'Rain Man'?

That guy could remember everything that ever happened to him, even what he had for dinner 20 years ago!

That's crazy, I cant remember what I had for dinner a week ago

Lac3y said:
^^^

I read about that...Its amazing. His mind worked in a completly diffrent way. Be useful for exams though! :D

^^^^

Yeah, I think it was to do with different parts of his brain were fused together or something. I think the guy in the program had his arithmetic and colur parts of the brain fused so he wouldn't work out maths questions, he would 'see' the numbers as colours or specific shapes. Like number '1' would be a red blob and '2' would be a green circle or something like that.

He could even calculate pi to about 2000 decimals without making a single mistake!

Yep, thats the one Lac3y. It was just amazing.

Yeah, he saw numbers in the world, for example tall buildings were the number 9 for him, which he finds intimidating, so he works out large calculations, using these images.

Even though they tend to have trouble doing stuff for themselves, this amazing brain power must suggest something else is there that were not seeing, something that might be possible to trigger through advancement.

Its just amazing!
I mean eve to just have an excellent memory would be great. You wouldn't need to revise or take notes, as it'd be all there, clear as a picture.

Lac3y said:
Man, I can't believe how all that stuff can fit on that tiny chip. Think about it. All this is inside the CPU:

The Clock
The ALU
The ACC
The GPRS
The Control Unit
The Program Counter
The Memory Address Register
The Memory Data Register
The Current Instruction Register

And to think that the ALU has to decode everything in binary data! Man, even old processors work unbelievably fast compared to our brains!

Imagine if our brains could process data at processor speeds!

Actually our brains are like 1000 times faster than a cpu. A cpu just does binary 1s and 0s when you think about it and thats it.

Back
Top Bottom