2ms LCD monitors!!!

19" 8ms is fine for me. i'm not going to get higher then 125fps with any of my games so why would i pay for a expensive product when i'm not going to use it's full potencial. after going to LCD i will never go back to a CRT. to me the only thing that matters when you compare the 2 is size and cost, and i'm willing to pay the extra for the size of a LCD.

What makes this monitor so good is the fact that it's 19" running at such good response time for the resolutions it supports. That is definitely worth looking into. I can't beleive I'm still running on 15" LCD. Need upgrade badly...

ya no offense trdcoralla

you have a mega sustem and you cant get them money for a lcd monitor?

no offense i know money is sensitive with some people but u have to see wher ei am coming from

hey you joined the day after chirstmas?
cool and in less than a year you have 4200 posts...

CRTs are still the way to go if you're on a budget and don't have tons of moolah to waste it on.

MEH! is all I can say.
I have in front of me a 19" CRT. I LOVE IT.
$140 for it, much better than spending $400 on an LCD that:
1) can't push anything past 1280x1024
2) They only do 1280x1024 native, meaning if you run
at anything lower than that, it looks all blurry and distorted, CRT monitors do not.
3) the back lights on LCD monitors make it impossible to see
real black, playing doom3 on LCD sucked.
now that i'm on CRT, it looks MUCH better.

so, IMO, LCD monitors are not worth it.
then again.. I have a huge desk, I could just as easily
fit a 21" crt on this desk, the only real plus I see to LCD is, saving space.
I wouldn't spend an extra $200+ just to save a little space, for $90 I could buy a bigger desk!

MikeReiner said:
MEH! is all I can say.
I have in front of me a 19" CRT. I LOVE IT.
$140 for it, much better than spending $400 on an LCD that:
1) can't push anything past 1280x1024
2) They only do 1280x1024 native, meaning if you run
at anything lower than that, it looks all blurry and distorted, CRT monitors do not.
3) the back lights on LCD monitors make it impossible to see
real black, playing doom3 on LCD sucked.
now that i'm on CRT, it looks MUCH better.

so, IMO, LCD monitors are not worth it.
then again.. I have a huge desk, I could just as easily
fit a 21" crt on this desk, the only real plus I see to LCD is, saving space.
I wouldn't spend an extra $200+ just to save a little space, for $90 I could buy a bigger desk!

your number two is wrong. they don't all have 1280*1024 as there native. mine is 1024*768 native. Plus the higher resolutions look a lot better on LCD's then they do on CRT's.

That last statment is awsome by the way,lol.

Sorry if i'm mistaken on "all" being 1280x1024, but 90% of the LCD monitors i've seen only push that.
i've compared CRT and LCD before.. I just don't see what
is so great about LCD to make you want to spend so much
more cash... DVI is nice and all... no adjusting the screen..
i've put 1280x1024 on lcd right next to the same res on crt, monitors right next to each other, they both looked really nice, but hands down
I thought the CRT looked better.

CRT may fade out some day, but when CRT is dirt cheap and LCD costs about the same as CRT does now, i'll buy them, but until then, nothing compels
me to EVER put fourth the extra $$.

I like lcd's. My desk is nice and clean with the screen. The response at 8ms is just fine. I play games all day (cs:s, hl2, etc.) and I play them on a crt and I barely notice a difference... I just think that my lcd is better because of how I can actually move it places and also bceause of it came free with my comp... lol...

Not to mention mounting it on the wall too. I did that for awhile but took it back down because my 15" was too small to see anything.

Back
Top Bottom