2ms LCD monitors!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Yet, another hardware review.

Viewsonic will introduce in the beginning of November, a 19-inch LCD display with 2 ms response time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 1280x1024 VX922 is expected to be the first in the world to reach such speed. The company will also release, in December, the VX2022, a 3 ms widescreen model (1680x1050) with 16:10 aspect ratio. Both displays are based on Viewsonic's ClearMotiv technology. WOW...

Wow kewl.

In terms of CRT, is a 1ms response the definition, or not?

Though remember that that number will be from black to white, not from colours which might be slightly higher.

Still very impressive though, considering 1/2 year back we had LCD monitors which ghosted, etc on games.

I'm not sure what's in store for CRTs, but with the way LCDs going, they may dominate the market soon and we should slowly see CRT fading away.

Ok quick edit. Got some more info for the new 2ms LCD:

"The VX922 is the first desktop display to combine ViewSonic's proprietary Dynamic StructureTM and Amplified ImpulseTM video response acceleration technologies to support rates of up to 500 frames per second across the entire color scale. This advancement produces superior front-of-screen performance for motion video and eliminates ghosting, a problem caused when the tiny pixels creating an image take too long to switch on and off."

"The faster response time of our new VX displays brings us one step closer to achieving CRT-like performance with all the benefits LCDs offer," said Jeff Volpe, vice president, marketing, ViewSonic Americas. "We've made the much sought after ability to enjoy games and movies in the sleek flat panel form factor a reality."

Typical "fast-response" displays today offer an average gray-to-gray (or intermediate level) response time of 20 to 25ms. ViewSonic's Xtreme LCD lineup provides response time performance up to 12 times faster, making them ia great choice for extreme gaming, viewing DVDs, watching television and traditional computer usage, like rapidly scrolling content within a Web site or a document.

The VX922 will be available Dec. 1, 2005 through ViewSonic resellers, distributors and mail order for an estimated street price of $429.

So if you're a gamer, this is the one to get and for the price, not too shabby. Ghosting is completely eliminated. Yeah, baby!!!!

By the time we get new monitors, just watch Viewsonic come out with something better, lol. Yeah, this monitor is the OWNERS monitor.

Whatever. It's gonna be way to expensive AND impractical. It's overkill. Unless you're desperate for space and have the money, then go with CRT's. Becides, ViewSonic's crispness and clarity isn't as good as NEC, Acer or ProView.

I don't think it's overkill. Video cards these days are overkill if you ask me, not monitors. They can always be improved just as the new 2ms Viewsonic 19" monitor did. In my book, the two best manufacturers for LCD monitors are Samsung and Viewsonic. As far as CRT goes, I will never go back to one of those no matter how cheap and how powerful they are. LCD will get better and better...however, I'm not willing to spend anymore than $600 for it.

CRTs are way too big and heavy for my taste. Of course, I feel the same way about desktop computers. That's why I have a laptop - the best of both worlds. :D

But yeah, I really like Sony's LCD monitors, but it has to have XBRITE! If it doesn't, then it just looks dull and dim.

Back
Top Bottom