Benchmark results: ATI Radeon X1800 XT vs Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX

Okay, GPU memory isn't that important right now since games aren't that demanding.

Second off, there's no news as to when the X1800 series will be capable of Crossfire since the cards are so big (I think).

And also, that's liquid nitrogen ; that stuff rocks my socks; it wouldnt probably put that 1GhZ X1800XT at like -100C.

TRDCorolla said:
Heck, my 6600GT does an excellent job already in the new games I tried (NFSU2, F.E.A.R., AOE3, Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament 2004).

Really my MSI 6600gt PCI-E has trouple on FEAR. i need to keep the settings on low. Do you have yours o/c?

I knew that the X1800Xt would win some and the 7800GTX would win some. it all matters what card the game was tested on.

-_-. The X1800XT has trouble with FEAR on 1600x1200 with all settins turned up. A 6600GT can't even begin to compare.

GeforcebOY said:
BTW you can't compare a 256GTX with a 512 X1800 its just unfair. Wait until the 512GTX comes out before we decid who gets owned by who. But i love the clocks on tat x1800 at 1ghz is amazing. Wouldn't mind that you kno .lol

Why would that matter?! 512mb isn't even fully used anyways, so it's a waste.

Kage said:
Yeah, the amount of polygons that will be able to be pushed, and Direct X-9 effects will be great.

Though the PS3 and X-Box 360 has as good a video card as a 7800GTX I believe, and they'll be able to make use of it better than with a PC, because PC developers have to make it work for a wide array of systems.
At least, if its not a port anyway...we don't want them :p

Don't worry. the Xbox 360 games won't be ports. The development software they provide is so easy to use, while allowing for full utilization of the hardware, so it's all good.

It's the PS3 development software that sucks. So hard to work with and Sony insists companies to invest about 2 million Yen (about $1.7 million USD) just for development purposes. Some companies would probably go broke from that. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Don't worry. the Xbox 360 games won't be ports. The development software they provide is so easy to use, while allowing for full utilization of the hardware, so it's all good.

It's the PS3 development software that sucks. So hard to work with and Sony insists companies to invest about 2 million Yen (about $1.7 million USD) just for development purposes. Some companies would probably go broke from that. :rolleyes:

i dont think 2 million yen is 1.7million USD :rolleyes:

alvino said:
So hard to work with and Sony insists companies to invest about 2 million Yen (about $1.7 million USD) just for development purposes.

dude, what are u talking about? :p 2 million yen = $15400 (though this probably ain't that accurate since the converting program I used is in my mobile phone and it doesn't update so the values are kind of old)

Back
Top Bottom