Mad Graphics Problem!

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
hi,
i have posted this before, with no answers.
while playing on call of duty, i keep accidentaly hitting the windows key on my keyboard!
now thats because i am an OAF lol. the problem is that if i hit it by accident, the task bar appears, but also the graphics adjust themselves and i get a darker screen (as if it is dusk). i have recently installed a new graphics card, the previous one did not give me this problem. the only way of getting the brightness back to its correct setting is going to the game opptions, clicking on graphics then clicking on the slider which adjusts the brightness. the slider has not moved backwards, so i just click on it where it is set and this gets the graphics back to the correct brightness.
any ideas?
woz

umm, I gues u could find a way to disable the windows button.

or if u can, just take the windows button off while u are playing. Though this requites a normal keyboard, not any of those flat ones, well it might work with them but I gues it is harder.

wozel, your not the only one, mine does it aswell but it dont bother me because i think its part of the game, your computer cant genrate the pixels fast while playing call of duty.

Its ok dude, just tweak with the settings

ok, i will put away the tranquilsers lol.
but the funny thing is that it did not happen when i had my old inferior graphics card in, strang don't you think?
woz

When you hit the windows key maybe it's setting the game video settimgs to windows video setting. i have a thought just don't hit the windows key,lol. move whatever key is around it to a different spot on your keyboard away from the windows key.

u could actually try this:

forwards: t
backwards: g
step right: h
step left: f
and then add all of the other stuff around them.

That way ur fingers are on a safe distance from the windows keys.
And that is useful in games where u need more than a few buttons since u can fit all of the important ones near ur primary controls (t,g,h,f,)

i will investigate dissableing the windows key. also i will have to remember to turn off my email notifier, because that causese the same problem.
woz

Hey Cobra,
Just Found Out That It Is One Of The C.o.d Downloads That Causes The Problem. I Got One Called Platinum Rcon That I Downloaded. I Have Had The Problems Since Then.
Woz

Just pull out the key for windows and put in a pen spring and then put that in the key place and then put the key on top of that and that should do the trick. Did you check for drivers for the card?

i wish my comp did that i cant even minimize my damm call of duty i had to get a call of duty minimizer program:S

Back
Top Bottom