help me decide on a graphics card...

dirtyoldman

Baseband Member
Hi, I want a new graphics card to play some of my games, nothing extreme but just games like hl2 and ut2k4, I have 2 to choose from that are in my budget but I don't know which one to get...

The choices:
1. Nvidia 6200 - LINKY

2. ATI radeon 9550 - LINKY

If you could help me choose I would be very grateful, plus please don't critisise my budget because thats all I am prepared to pay for a graphics card as it is not a high priority for me at the moment.

Also If you know of any better graphics cards in my price range, could you please post them here, cheers.

i would get the 6200 it support's Shader's 3.0, meannig it will be compatible with newer games for much longer.

Also i think that has purevideo built in to it . (Correct me if i am wrong someone)

Pure video wouldn't matter to most people, but it probably does, for DVD and such.

As for Shader Model 3, you probably are best getting the 6200.

cheers guys, I will get the 6200, just another question, which manfactuer should I buy, the Leadtek one of the XFX one?

they are quite much the same in performance. U won't be able to play HL2 well with either one of those. And u might face some problems with ut2k4 too.

To be honest I'd save up for a 6600GT. Or if u don't want to save that much then a fx5700 which will run UT very nicely and hl2 also quite well.

But if I'd have to choose from those 2 cards I'd take the 6200 since I prefer nVidia, but thinking about the performance they are quite much the same.

They both really are crap, the 9550 will give you DECENT playablity in most games... same with the 6200, but they aren't gonna amaze you or anything.
I urge you to save up for a 6600GT, best bang for the buck since the AMD64 3200+.

for god sake no offense why do you people like pay hundreds of dollars, for graphics cards.

just play the game on ps2 or soemthing.

like these 256 mb cards that give DECENT performance(as MikeReinder says)

i mean come on what is this?

i have a radeon 9200se

my mom has a intel built in to the mobo vid card and i cant make out any differences.

Dont get a 6200TC (turbocache?) Its a pile of crap, its noy much better then integraded graphics. Get the normal 6200. I have a PNY 6200, and it run half life with every thing on high, 1234-768 with at least 30 fps. But of course, a 6600gt is much better. Since the 6200 is exactly half of a 6600gt.

Back
Top Bottom