Wow Will We

135791 said:
i realy wouldnt want to live that long

the forces of nature, life are as they are for a reason, who are we to mess with the balance

I definately would want to live as long as possible. There is just always new things to do etc. I like to travel alot and I know that if I live like 80 years I will never have the time/money to go to every place I want to go to. That's just one example.

Who are we to mess with the balance?

The species that have ruled this planet for thousands of years. The ones with the technology to play God. (I think that some stuff should have never been developed/researched but they are and now we can play God if we want to, which is kind of scary) We have created a mouse with a foot sticking out of it's forehead and lot's of other freaky stuff. And we have messed around quite alot with "the balance" before. It's science, it will continue to exist and advance aslong as the human race is alive.

135791 said:
on the plus side i would like to see who dominates mars first, and which country is the first to ruin another planet

China. there getting pretty serious about their space program. US will control the moon and build rockets up there and point them at us down here but China will have mars,lol.

ok so living at the age of 100 is hard, you bones are getting on your systems are slowing down

now why would you want to be able to survive in that state for another 900 years? just watching the world go by, to old to move, cant see techonolgy improve or the human rase evolve or ruin its self as you stuck where you are, to fragile with some nice nurse giving you a sponge bath

life is how it is for a reason, who are we to play god?

135791 said:
ok so living at the age of 100 is hard, you bones are getting on your systems are slowing down

now why would you want to be able to survive in that state for another 900 years? just watching the world go by, to old to move, cant see techonolgy improve or the human rase evolve or ruin its self as you stuck where you are, to fragile with some nice nurse giving you a sponge bath

life is how it is for a reason, who are we to play god?

I don't think u got the point. It's not to just keep us alive as some vegetables who breath through a machine. I would never want that.

It's about being able to repair cells (which also bones are made of) so that they never get old and weak. Therefore that 1000 years could be lived in about the same physical shape as u are now. Though yes, if/when this is possible we might be something like 80, or dead, so then it wouldn't be a good option. But if they can do this in, let's say 40 years, I will still be quite healthy, I will still be able to do everyday stuff by myself just as I can now. So then it definately sounds good.

Yeah, that would be kewl, though would the brain be able to function for that long? Even if it did keep getting repaired? Memories for instance, after time, would these still crumble, and by the age of 200, you wouldn't know where you started out?

Plus, time is only kept slow by new experiences. By the age of 150 or something, you wouldn't do anything new and so time would just rush by. They'd be no point for it.

They'd also be many more people living on the earth as there are now, adn that would become a problem.
Children would be born, and adults would live almost the same age as the children. No one would die for 1000 years, and by that time 10 generations of children born will appear, and the world will be put into...well....i'd be weird. I'll put it that way.

I mean yeah. I don't want to think about how i'll die, or when :( But its inevitable, and has to happen sometime. I think prolonging our life for an extra 50 years or something isn't bad, but any more than that, and I wouldn't want it. You'd end up going senile :p

u got some good points there. And from what I have heard the memory of humans has a limit, I must have already reached mine since I forget stuff all the time :D
But yes say we lived for 600 years it would be highly possible that we wouldn't remember anything about our 1st 100 years.

And maybe, just maybe life would get boring at some point. But as I said for example traveling. If I'd travel to all of the places I would want to I think that 150 years wouldn't be even close to enough. I mean sure it would be enought time, but u need to work to get money for traveling, which can be quite expensive. And at some point u could just swich ur profession, surely there ain't many jobs that can interest u for 500 years.

And yes ofcourse Earth can't support that many more ppl. But we are also quite advanced in space traveling, so it is possible that we can live in the moon after some (probably quite long) perioid of time. And then ofcourse when the 1st step is taken it wouldn't take that long to start living on other planets, surely there is lot's of problems like the temperatures but humans can adapt to that kind of stuff with technology.

Yeah I guess, but getting away from earth I don't think is the proper soloution.

Plus as you said, you'd need a job to keep travelling (and yes tis true. There just isn't enough time in the 90 or so years we live to do everything we want, and so we have to pick), but would companioes have trouble getting jobs for all these people suddenly living for longer? The money system would probably crash.

again, who are we to play god?

and decide when people die and dont?, life is how it is for a reason

when our bodys our naturally ready to live longer and we evolve to our next stage then this will be ok

yeah but in a way if god did create us. Maybe he didn't expect the system to fail after a period of time. Though yes, everything dies out eventually.

Back
Top Bottom