Another ati vs Nvidia...

i personally cant see the point of spending loads of money on getting a card that pwns everything else when all you need it to do is run your games. i am an ati man but i owuld say get a 7800gtx. and spend the money on buying loads of games for it or save it for some other better components like a fx57 to go with it. now that would pwn most comps ive seen on here!!

Nah, get the x1800xt when it comes out. Of course, like fisher said, what's the point? well, the point is to able to see how game developers see the games they design. you use all the aa and ap and everything... you see what they see...

A single card is the most affordable way to have the latest power without spending big bucks for SLI or CrossFire.

Yeah, I think its great when you can finally have a card where you can shove all settings up and not have to worry about frame rates at all :)

With my card, its starting to show its age, but it used to be able to :p

i think it would be interesting to see how each card performs at the operistions clock speeds to really detertime the winner. lol

X1800 XT @ 430/1200
7800 GTX @ 625/1500

what you guys think, who would win if they where like that??

okay....first off, the 7800GTX cant even get 625 core, it would be close to hard, and the ATi card is underclocked, its slower than a X850xTPE, so that would be stupid. In conclusion, that idea is just plain stupid.

Wow...is that a typo or are you just dumb?

The 7800 architecture can't even reach 625mhz core, much less 500mhz. Also, why would you underclock a X1800 XT?! 430/1200?! Why would you do that? It would be like buying a McLaren F1 GTR and taking out the V12 engine and replacing it with a 4 cylinder Ford Pinto engine. Bascially, it's stuuupid.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt though...I think you just had a typo there, so it's all good. ;)

Back
Top Bottom