Benchmark results: ATI Radeon X1800 XT vs Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX

Yup. I trust by the time I start a new build, Nvidia will bounce right back into the thick of things. I would still like to get my hands on the 7800GTX though or maybe the new revision to it early next year. GDDR4 is too long of a wait.

haha... ok then. I'm going dual x1800xl water cooled... well, if I have the money... lol...

mammikoura said:
U just have to remember that there are also benchmarks in the internet where 7800GTX beats the x1800 XT in games like splinter cell: pandora tomorrow etc. Also I have seen benchmarks where the 7800GTX pwns in HL2. (can't remember the links, someone posted them here awhile ago) But all of them are not too reliable.

But they seem to be quite equal cards. Ppl say that the x1800 XT oc's very well, but I haven't seen any results so it's hard to say. And it seems quite clear that the x1800 XT is better in 3dMarks, yet still the top 10 in futuremarks page is done with nvidia, not a single computer with an ati card(s) in there.

The X1800 XT isn't even released yet. November 5th is the expected date. The ones that they get to test are usually the reference models.

"Unlike their fellow countryman Kimi Raikonnen, their GPU engine didn't blew up and with the power of OC-friendly finnish weather and some liquid nitro, the guys managed to get the GPU core rocking at 1.003 MHz, while memory run happily at 940.5 MHz DDR (1.89 GHz). 60 gigs per second of memory bandwidth on a single board. Can you say... OMG?"

Thats great, but they had to use cooling liquid to get it up to that? :p

Both cards look really powerful on paper :)

I'd say both the ATI and Nvidia chips are just about equal, with the ATi card able to overclock slightly better due to better memory and manufacturing process.

BTW you can't compare a 256GTX with a 512 X1800 its just unfair. Wait until the 512GTX comes out before we decid who gets owned by who. But i love the clocks on tat x1800 at 1ghz is amazing. Wouldn't mind that you kno .lol

Kage said:
Both cards look really powerful on paper :)

I'd say both the ATI and Nvidia chips are just about equal, with the ATi card able to overclock slightly better due to better memory and manufacturing process.

So pretty much, any new video card these days will do a pretty darn good job of graphic rendering despite the x1800 XT having the edge right now. Even if I were to get a 7800GTX, it is most likely my other components in my system will be the bottleneck anyways. Need faster RAM and CPU. I can't wait to see gamer developers to take advantage of all these new hardware now. Can you imagine the potential? It would be like tons better than playing on the PS3 or the XBox 360 with the added advantage of upgrading components.

Yeah, the amount of polygons that will be able to be pushed, and Direct X-9 effects will be great.

Though the PS3 and X-Box 360 has as good a video card as a 7800GTX I believe, and they'll be able to make use of it better than with a PC, because PC developers have to make it work for a wide array of systems.
At least, if its not a port anyway...we don't want them :p

Back
Top Bottom