Custom laser cut case windows

Sotacs

Solid State Member
What if there was a company that created custom cut case windows utilizing lasers?

What if the acrylic windows were laser cut as well to fit precisely into the case windows so that the windows would fit flush to the outside of the case and there were no unsightly brads or fasteners holding the acrylic in place?

What if you could get custom fan guards cut right into the sides and top of the case as well?

What if you had hundreds of choices?

121f0195.jpg

closeup80mmyinyangdragonfanguard.jpg

Does the idea of being able to get custom laser cut case windows and fan guards appeal to you?

If it does, what would your ultimate window shape be?

Yeah I'd be real interested in getting a window cut. A Klingon logo on both sides. I can have the panels bead blasted if you like first. Or is this service just for systems you sell?

It's a business idea that I'm trying to get started.

The pics you see are of the prototype. Here are a couple more of the same computer. The first is a metalflakes translucent dragon with a 50mm fireball chimney fan.

Top.jpg

and the mirrored windowed right hand side.

Rightside700.jpg

I've been working on a web site just to get the idea out there. In some respects, it's kinda lame, but you can get an idea of what it is I would like to do.

http://www.sotacs.com

setishock said:
Yeah I'd be real interested in getting a window cut. A Klingon logo on both sides. I can have the panels bead blasted if you like first. Or is this service just for systems you sell?

We of course will offer a variety of cases, but are not opposed to working on customers' cases as well. We intend to offer a assortment of non-transparent acrylics as well, such as mirrored in various colors, translucent, also in a myriad of colors and metal flaked. There are also several other types of acrylics available as well. These are great choices for filling the windows on the non-working boring side of the box.

sure those look cool, but how much would they cost?
U can make one by yourself (ofcourse not that detailed or it would take ages) and u would have to pay like $5. And then ofcourse something like $20 for the lights if u don't have any. And u would get the nice feeling when u have done something cool by yourself.

But ofcourse not everyone likes to do stuff like that by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom