Another ati vs Nvidia...

[w00t!]gAme*

Baseband Member
I play alot of fps games... eg: cod2, bf2, css, dods, hl2 lost coast and others.

Currently i have an Nvidia geforce 5750 which just doesnt cut it for me.

What would go better...

Nvida geforce 7800 gtx

Ati radeon x1800

Ati radeon x850

Budget: anything under 1000$ CAD.

Another thing that i was wondering was if i shud get 2x6800's and if that would run better. I personnally dont see how 2 video cards run better than 1 amazing one?

The_Necromancer said:
-even tho I am a Ati'er at heart

Your sig says you've got a 6600, hardly an Ati card is it :D

Seriously though, I'd probably go for the 7800GTX's in SLI rather than the X800, which performs the same, and the X1800 which is outrageously expensive and physically huge (occupies the same space equivalent to 2 7800's).

yeah this really isnt the time to get a new video card, the 7800 is being looked at as the final answer for some time to come but its going to be out done by both the middle to high end ati 1800 cards and the new nvidia cards (heard rumors of a new chipset, not too sure about the new nvidia ones) but the ati cards are worth the wait. and hey, if it turns out that even the 1800 xt pe (or whatever the high end model will be called) isnt as good as the 7800 gtx then you can buy a one then for a cheaper price.

just one 7800gtx would play all those games on high settings with good frame rates but 2 is always better than 1 :D

Exactly. If you need a card now, the 7800GTX will OWN big time. I don't think there are any games now that can push its limits, let alone 2x 7800GTX. The only thing better than a 7800 GTX is two 7800 GTX's in SLI, but no modern CPU can really demonstrate the true power that a 7800 GTX SLI configuration offers, at least not at common playing resolutions.

Now I'm not saying that the X1800 XT sucks in any way because they competed with the 7800GTX in a hardcore match of bench testing. In Doom 3, a game where nVidia dominates, Radeon X1800 XT finally could close the gap between these two companies. GeForce 7800 GTX was faster only at 1600x1200, and only by a small amount (4.26% at low quality settings and 5.41% at high quality settings). On the other resolutions both cards achieved the same performance level.

well, thats DOOM 3, which is designed to Nvidia cards, that game isnt that great anyways. But once you get to OCing the X1800XT, itll blow the 7800GTX away.

Back
Top Bottom