XBox 360 video

Its working now :D Try again David

*EDIT*

Didn't really learn anything that I didn't already know, but I tihnk the menu structure looks great, with the sliding bars, and I also like the feature where you can have it horizontally and vertically, and the light will change to suit :p

Little bits of technology like that are kewl!

I tihnk the X-Box 360 though is going to be an impressive system, and PS3 is going to have a challenger, definitely.

Mmm...having the controller turn on the system makes me even lazier! :D Yummy.

The Xbox 360 has to be one of the most innovative and creative consoles ever made. To be honest, it so many features and awesome options, I wouldn't be suprised if Sony or Nintendo copied some of them (such as the controller turning on the console etc).

the controller thing is such a simple concept, i can't believe they just thought of it now. Microsoft probably hired a really lazy guy over the summer, haha

It is a simple concept, but has any of the other companies (i.e. Sony & Nintendo) thought of it and used it?

And the awnser would be NO.

I'll stand corrected if you can provide the proof :)

alvino said:
It is a simple concept, but has any of the other companies (i.e. Sony & Nintendo) thought of it and used it?

And the awnser would be NO.

I'll stand corrected if you can provide the proof :)

I have proof just need to find it,lol. The newer model of the DVD remote for the PS2 has a power button on it.

As long as you have the switch in the back on it can turn it on and off.
sony-ps2-rc.jpg

These new gadgets and features are nothing like the older gaming consoles (ie, Super Nintendo, Game Cube, Playstation 1, Sega Genesis). It's getting to be more of a multimedia entertainment center than a gaming console. It's got menus, and software controlled shut downs, reboot, etc. just like Windows. Online gameplay like the XBox Live, user management (kind of like the User Accounts in Windows). So advanced. The last console I owned was a Playstation 1. Can you imagine me playing a Playstation 3 or an XBox 360??!!?! I'd be like, "whoa, culture shock. How do I turn it on?"

It's designed to be a multimedia gaming hub. Play games, stream music and movies all in HD. It incorporates features never done before. Like the Guide Button for example (disguised as the Xbox 360 logo on the controller), it can go to the guide and you can check if your friends are on or if you have incoming messages for a match etc. None of this has been done before, so they're really doing a great job.

The Xbox development team's goal is to provide great hardware, software and services all in one console. It has a perfect balance of each, so that it's great overall instead of being better in one area. That is the idea and concept of J Allard's "HD Era" and so far, it's going good. :)

Also, another thing worth noting is Microsoft's efforts for a simultaneous launch. North America, Europe and Japan all in one week. Best of luck to them. ;)

I got to play with an Xbox 360 the other day at wal-mart, it was pretty cool. They had call of duty 2 running on it and it was dumbed down ALOT.....but still good for a console...

Dumbed down? You mean compared to the PC, the settings were lower? Why?!!! I don't understand that at all :( It should be doing better than a PC at the moment, so why do they lower the settings?
Thats just rubbish to be quite frank... *Not happy*

Though, I know for sure that pop up is still a problem, and things going through the floor is still a problem, which i was sure next gen was going to fix for belivablity reasons.

Oh well... :(

First, The guy can't film correctly.
Second, the XBOX 360 is a little more white than expected

Back
Top Bottom