Microwave question

lhuser

Golden Master
I found this nice 1000W microwave manufactured January 1995 and made in Korea. The brand is Goldstar. I know it was in the garbage, but who care? the guy probably bought a new one since the plate is a little broken on side, but doesn't hurt as checked. now, thie thing is:

Looking at the voltage, it says this: 4.0KV

Does this microwave drains power out of some stuff? Like, If I plug it on my less used plug, it has the TV and a VCR. If I plug this, will it pwn everything and make a short. Remember that this microwave is powerful and it's not a piece of junk...well, I hope so! I almost broke my back bringing it home lol!

BTW, I have this as a warning:

To ensure continued protection against shock hazard, connect to properly grounder outlets only.

What's that supposed to mean lol?

very funny...I am lol...right...I know where to test it. I'm not that dumb

It's just a power hog. Not to worry.
I would however be concerned about the door seal being damaged and allowing microwave enegry to leak out. It can cook you and anything close to it. A way to test for leaks to to get a microwave tester from RadioShack. They don't cost much. Put a large cup of water in the microwave oven and put on a high setting for 1 or 2 mins. Lay the tester down in front of the oven and get off to the side. Hit the start button. If that needle on the test so much a jitters that oven is not safe to use.
Throw it away and go to WalMart and get a 2 cubit foot oven for under 100 dollars US.
We would rather have you around.

Grounded outlets are outlets that connent to the ground to reduce the risk of a short circuit. A grounded outlet is when you use all there holes. I am not sure how to test it. I hope this helps.

Thanks a buch at both of you! I've never though a microwave could do this!

One other thing:

If I use another glass of water in front of it and let it run for 5 secons, will it tell me that there's microwave leaking if the water turns hot?

lhuser said:
Thanks a buch at both of you! I've never though a microwave could do this!

One other thing:

If I use another glass of water in front of it and let it run for 5 secons, will it tell me that there's microwave leaking if the water turns hot?

What did I do? You asked a question and I tried to answer it.

HAHA! I have never heard of anyone's microwave pwning their house. But I don't know much about that door seal, but about the power, you can just connect it into say...a Belkin powerstrip and that will protect you from any unwanted "pwning" of the appliances. Usually the powerstrips act as a surge protector. I hope you have fun with your microwave.

Back
Top Bottom