Alternative to Norton Anti Virus?

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
the name says it all. i dont want to use norton anymore lol i'm sick of it any other good antivirus software u guys like?

AVG free
Adaware SE Personal edition (free also)
IF you need a good software firewall go with Zone Alarm (free too)
That's all i use and my pc's are running great :)

Either AVG or AntiVir. Both of these have free and paid versions. U could take them both, I have them both running without any problems, but some guy said that his computer got messed up when he installed both. But both of them (the free versions) are very good.

have them both running without any problems, but some guy said that his computer got messed up when he installed both.

Ya, i believe there are supposed to be some probs with both installed. I had both installed once but didn't have any probs.

Teencompwiz2 said:
Ya, i believe there are supposed to be some probs with both installed. I had both installed once but didn't have any probs.

I have never encountered any problems with having these 2 installed. Norton for example refuses to install if u have some other anti-virus software installed, but I think that it has something to do with financial stuff, not compatibility issues. But that's just my gues.

I also use McAfee VirusScan antivirus software, and have not had any problems. I was paying for the yearly subscription, but now I get it free with my "Verizon with MSN Premium" DSL service. A lot of people like the free AVG antivirus software, so if you need a free one and don't have MSN Premium, that would probably be a good choice.

AVG is probably the best free anti-virus. PC-Cillin has a good value internet security package, which scans quickly and includes a so-so anti-spyware scanner. Kaspersky has been known to have the best detection rates, but it takes longer to scan than PC-Cillin and is also a paid program.

Back
Top Bottom