Switching BIOS

lhuser

Golden Master
Some crazy dude tried another different AMI BIOS to replace theold one and it apparantly worked. So, I come to this question:

I have an AMD BIOS and a P4 BIOS both same sizes (duh) and both AMI. Now the thing is, If I swap the BIOS from The AMD system with the P4S61 System, will it:

1- boot?
2- Not boot
3- Not boot and a power short will occur
4- Boot partially
AND

If I put it upside down accidently, what's going to happen?

U have to make sacrifices for science! :p

I seriously have no idea what would happen, but my gues is that it won't boot up as it should. The power might come on but that would be quite much it.

But trying it out is most likely the only way of testing it.

And if u put it upside down I don't think it will help the situation. :D
Again I gues that it won't boot up well, if at all.

There won't be any fire? I not, I could try a Phoenix BIOS lol

EDIT: All you usually need is to reprogram the BIOS. HOw? Dunno...since it may not boot

I don't think there will be any flames. Hopefully...
It's always possible that it will fry some parts, most likely the mobo, but I doubt that it's going to happen.

nah, I doubt it would fry anything, I would think that it just wouldn't work, being that the bios' are from two different motherboards running two different processors.
there certainly won't be any fire or anything getting fried......lol

ok then. That guy's insane. I won't kill my comp just to try...Although, it's acting weirdly...

Lik,yesterday, I just hit the bac metal panel, with another metal piece and saw a little blue electric spot. Tried to friction it, and it appeared again and again and again...

Or, it could come from the metal part itself. I have to clea the center up a bit. See if I can find anything harmful

Back
Top Bottom