spy bot s&d.....ad-aware SE person.....others?

Half Evil

Golden Master
spy bot s&d.....ad-aware SE personal.....others?

On my computer i have zone alarm fire wall, i have avg free edition, and i was wondering what else i needed wether it be spy bot or adware. or possilby anyothers. also i hate that zone alarm firewall. does anyone have any ideas for a different/better one? and its gotta be free

I use sygate personal firewall. And for anti-spyware u could get spybot, adaware, microsoft anti-spyware and spyware blaster. And any other ones that u want to, u can have as many as u want.

And u could also get AntiVir as a second anti-virus, if u want to. It's also free and I like it alot, and it can run at the same time as AVG with no problems.

well i DID have a problem with those two runnin together, because i had to get a new hard drive because doing that to much corrupted my hard drive. i dont understand how it happened tho. oh well it did and i kinda like avg better. but i dont wanna cludder my system with anti spy ware and mal ware and things like that. based on personal preference what do you think is the best out there like adaware or spybot or any thing else of the kind.

It's my understanding that you are not supposed to have more than one anti-virus program on your computer at a time, or it may mess it up. I use free zone alarm, free microsoft antispyware beta, and paid for McAfee antivirus (if I had to pick a free antivirus, I probably would get AVG). Been lucky so far, and have not have any problems. Good Luck!

Oh! I was supposed to email that too you but I forgot >_< I have a great Firewall and Malware Remover. I need to find a way to get it online, It's two cds worth of data... Probly have to install a server on my computer and hope it doesnt crash while it downloads... You still want the programs?

Paradox said:
Oh! I was supposed to email that too you but I forgot >_< I have a great Firewall and Malware Remover. I need to find a way to get it online, It's two cds worth of data... Probly have to install a server on my computer and hope it doesnt crash while it downloads... You still want the programs?
sure, but just compress it on the hard drive of ur computer and email it to me.

Ok, stick with ZoneAlarm and AVG, and make sure that no other firewalls or anti-virus programs are running. Firstly, AVG and ZoneAlarm are very reliable and for anything that does evade AVG's detection, you can always use an online scanner, such as Trend Micro's at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

For anti-spyware tools, SpywareBlaster is a must. Next, I would go for a paid anti-spyware program, such as CounterSpy or SpySweeper, but if you can't afford one, then Microsoft's AntiSpyware should be sufficient.

Ad-Aware and Spybot are tools that I've always had, despite their quite poor detection rates, because Spybot offers other useful tools such as immunization, a shredder, and a registry cleaner, and Ad-Aware detects some items which others don't seem to.

You might also want to try out WinPatrol to monitor your system, although Microsoft AntiSpyware's real-time protection should do you.

All these tools are available at www.download.com

*cough* p2p. Anyways, Microsoft has an excellent antispyware program. Take so freaking long to scan though, but it does a very thorough job of it.

We, er, allowed to promote illegally-shared software? Aite, here we are, get BitComet, then go find CounterSpy, Kaspersky, ZoneAlarm Pro, and the paid version of SpywareBlaster. :D

Back
Top Bottom