memory

Tx3kgtman

Baseband Member
Memory Frequency

how do i lower my memory freqency besides doing it in the bios? My bios dont have the option to do so? pos. is there a program or anything? I can overclock my cpu but it over does my ram.

If ur BIOS doesn't allow u to do so I doubt that any programs will. U could try to flash a new bios to the mobo, though I don't recommend doing this since it can cause damage to the mobo.

wat kinda pc u got and bios? i have phoneix bios and it works. it possibly could be locked.

lol yeh its kinda old but it will have to do for now... unless yall wanna donate
motherboard: FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31)
Bios: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
CPU: athlon XP 3200+
768 MB Ram Regular Kingston.. not very good.
and a Radeon 9600 XT

in my bios it does show where i could change the frequency but its dimmed out and wont let me get to it so it might be locked??

Tx3kgtman said:
in my bios it does show where i could change the frequency but its dimmed out and wont let me get to it so it might be locked??

yeah sounds like it's locked.

well how do i unlock it? and what does flashing the bios do? and whats my chances of it working? i have a extra mb if it messes this one up its the exact same mb....????

The only way I can think of is to flash it. It basicly changes the bios, so in this case u need to flash it with a bios that isn't locked. I don't know too much about the chances, I managed to do it and everything worked fine, but a friend of mine tried it and he broke his mobo. Though he ain't the smartest when it comes to computers. :) And if it doesn't do any permanent damage, just something like some features not working etc u can always flash it back. (always make a copy of the original bios and save it to a disk!)

But I'd like someone else to say that it's safe or it isn't coz I'm not that sure.

Back
Top Bottom