Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

I had that glitch once, but man, is it just me or does the game end with the guy saying, "hey, you're getting fuzzy around the edges." Is that it or am I playing just the demo? Cause I got the full hl2 game...

Wow :D :D :D :D I'm going to download it

Only bad thing is, my card doesn't support HDR :( I'll still get some of the other advancements though, but that HDR effect looks amazing!!! I think thats whats making the colours look sharper anyway...shame...

The shaders look improved too from what I can see.

Well I should have it in a few mions even though I only started download about 5 mins ago... (186.0kb/s)

I just read this though:

"Whilst Far Cry only implemented HDR via Shader Model 3.0, hence only working on Nvidia's latest-generation cards, Lost Coast will implement it via Shader Model 2.0, allowing for it to work on ATI's current generation."

Does that mean, since mine has Shader model 2...I'll get HDR lighting?

*EDIT*

Yes it does! I loaded it, and it had an astrix under the setting (HDR on if available) and I went on that, put all my settings back (Found out it eats the system more than the original did though, so couldn't have Antialising on Full) and the effects are superb.

I can't say I was blown away though, but maybe thats because my card doesn't support the latest shader. I noticed that the effects were alot sharper though, but for some reason, light seemed to fade in and out as you looked around, where the HDR was. Putting the flash light on did the same thing. At first, the light would be too bright, and then it'd sync to the surroundings.

I've got to say though that it definietly does make some kind of difference.

Ive had a very brief go on it this morning...Looks amazing. Ill look forward to seeing this technology being integrated into half life 2 -aftermath

Yeah :p It actually hurt my eyes though... I turned it off after getting stuck in the church, not knowing where to go, and the captions didn't seem to work either, but yeah, my eyes...

How does you card deal with it? My card loves it...But my Ram is and issue since I only have 512 of it...

Yeah I have a Radeon 9800 PRO 128Mb, but I coudl run with HDR on since in the options, the star was selecting it.

As for other settings, I could run in High, with 2x Anitalising at 800x600, but a few jerks here and there, and sound looping when somethings happening slightly.

In the original Half Life 2 though, I got no such thing even at 6x Antialising, and it ran at 60+ FPS...

I'm surprised HDR works in shader model 2 though, but they did say they were making it so it did...
I mean, I didn't have to select Bloom :eek: So it must have been.

Back
Top Bottom