help please dead on startup

41thermal

Solid State Member
hey guys im new to this forum..need some help.

Windows XP PRO SP1
amd athlon XP 2800+ barton core
soyo sy kt600 mobo
512 3200 ddr ram
ati radeon 9000 pro

well one day my computer froze on me so i restarted it with the reset button, then i turn it on and no beep(normally a beep) and nothing appears on the screen as if its getting now signal, so i switched out the PSU same thing switched the hdd same thing, and switched to a diff vid card, same darn thing. i took the processor out, cleaned it and put new thermal paste on there, it apperaed normal, no bubbles no darkness to it at all. I have no idea why it is doing this. any help is much appreciated, thanks!

What is everything that happens when you push the power button. like what gets power if anything, anyting show up on monitor?

Hmm, since you've tried different components with no effect what so ever, and it froze on you, Its more than likely the Motherboard thats gone on you.

If it was the processor, you'd more than likely get a series of beeps telling you something is seriously wrong.

The fact your not getting anything, and still no signal, even after swapping alot, it can only leave the motherboard as the culprit.

Though to tell the truth, the processor might need to be working to get anything, so I guess it could also be that...

Its definietly one of those two though.

i have done some research and i think it is the cpu, my motherboard has shown no signs of dying and it still holds things, i turned on the computer with no cpu and no beeps, and everything runs, fans, cathodes, lights, everything but its just a black screen as if no signal, and i tried a diff monitor...

Could possibly be a number of things. HDD not in properly, RAM not in properly, check every little thing

i did, cleaned the cpu checked everything...its just not telling me what i need to know.

If the motherboard works without the CPU, I'd think its the CPU thats bust :(

It'd be why it froze anyway, since when the CPU stops running, the computer can still hold up the last frame of what it was doing.

Maybe a capacitor on the mobo fried. Could be fixed, but it's risky. Plus, you need to have the same power stuf, yada yada

well i previously had the 2800+ and i dont want to spend a whole butt load of money so do you think there will be much of a performance loss with buying a 2200 or 2500?

Back
Top Bottom