ZoneAlarm update problem

vijaygunners

In Runtime
I have the latest zonealarm firewall that works perfectly but yesterday the update window popped up and it said ZONE LABS OFFERS A FREE SPYWARE SCANNER. WOULD YOU LIKE TO SCAN YOUR SYSTEM NOW? and below its says update now or remind me later so I clicked now and it opened a new browser that scanned for spyware and it found 13 things but it only gives you details about them but doesnt get rid of them so I think it wants me to buy the zonealarm that you pay for.

I use ad-aware so I dont need zonealarm for spyware but I still keep getting the update now box the keeps popping up even though I ran a spyware scan with ad-aware and got rid of them.

what can I do?

yes, i had the same thing, it sucks! i could be moving on from zone allarm if i get this sort of thing too often.
woz

Check your settings, see if there is a checkbox that you could toggle it to keep bringing up popup's. I will see if it is happening on my mates!

I recommend switching to Tend-Micros PC-Cillin iInternet Security 2005 its updates itself and its fast.

*Please reduce the number of lines in your sig to the maximum of six, you can do this by putting more than one on a line, I'll check back.*

Try looking for a check for updates option in preferences. Change it to manual updates.

vijaygunners said:
I use ad-aware so I dont need zonealarm for spyware but I still keep getting the update now box the keeps popping up even though I ran a spyware scan with ad-aware and got rid of them.

what can I do?

:rolleyes:

oh...sorry mate :( I just thoguht you mustn't have, because I would have thought they'd find them.

Try getting Spybot Search and Destroy. It may find ones Adaware doesn't find.

Some people sugest to have two of them :)

Really? I thought there were compatibility issues with having both installed. Spybot seems to think Ad-aware is spyware or something. I personally use Spybot but Microsoft's AntiSpyware (formerly Giant) finds things that both adaware and spybot miss.

Back
Top Bottom