monitor/computer troubles

there is nothing on the monitor screen at all when i start my computer there is nothing. also i dont have another monitor laying around.

Sounds like the monitor got damaged in transit. That's my guess anyway. Like Dishdog said, try getting your hands on another monitor to make sure that it's not the computer itself. Also check to make sure that none of the pins on the monitor connection got bent or damaged. But yeah, like I said, I'm guessing the monitor got messed up somehow.

i just found a older monitor and it didnt work either :( when i turned the computer on and then turned the monitor on it just turned right back off. do you think the part where you plug the monitor in the computer is damaged? or am i just not pushing it in all the way?

the other monitor that turned right back off has what we call a blown transformer.

Yours may have a problem in the cable connecting. Does your computer actually beeps?

I would say you damaged your video card over transit. If your MOBO(motherboard) has onboard video try taking out your video card and using the onboard video. if you don't have onboard video you either need to find a extra video card laying around or buy a new one.

Back
Top Bottom