Won't boot from CD-R

mdscooby

Solid State Member
My computer is a dell 5100 inspiron. It has a cd-r/w dvd-rom combo drive (HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N). I can't boot from a cd-r,regular cds are fine, also I get the same thing in windows. I did firmware update and bios update. I have run out of ideas. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

What are you trying to boot(what program/os)? So you burned some files onto a CD and you want to boot from it?

I know it will boot from a regular cd i use max blast to format, but all i can find is my copy of win xp sp2. its like my cd-rom won't read a cd-r at all.

In order to burn a Bootable disc you have to burn an image to the cd using something like Nero.

The images is normally .iso format, but there are a few others. When you burn, click "burn image" dont just burn the files to the disc

the copy I have of win xp sp2 works on my other computer. I know the cd is good. It just won't boot in my notebook. plus I can't get any burned cd to read in windows. thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

It seems like your CD drive mesed up. If you have a friend have an external drive then borrow it and then try it to your laptop/

Back
Top Bottom