Clearing The Memory without the Reboot.

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
Alright, I've done it before, I know I can, but I forgot the command. Im using Windows XP SP1 (Home) and I want to clear the RAM without shutting down, whats the dos command that does that?

yeah, there's a dos command for running some sort of memory test routine, but I don't know what it is, google it.
why would you want to do this anyway?

because my ram is a stick of 128 and its a pain to have to reboot so much

What comes to mind is dumprep for some reason but thats a different thing, Its dump something I think

So by clearing the memory do u mean getting all the crap processes out so that the computer would run faster?
If so then there are some programs that can do it. Maxmem was one of them. And I think another one was enditall.

mammikoura said:
So by clearing the memory do u mean getting all the crap processes out so that the computer would run faster?
If so then there are some programs that can do it. Maxmem was one of them. And I think another one was enditall.
no, he means clearing out the ram, which is where the pc stores programs and files when it's using them, or when you open a program the files and stuff go into ram. if you don't have a lot, the system reverts to virtual memory, which is space on the hard drive and that slows the pc way down. so thats why you clear out the ram, to make room for new stuff so the pc will run faster.

Back
Top Bottom