Other OSes

lhuser

Golden Master
What other OS would install on a PC Besides Linspire, Unix, Linux and windows? I could try something else or a change :p

I don't think there are any others,lol. I remember seeing a post about "Lindows" but i didn't bother to read it to see if it was real or not.

I already tried Lindows,just a mixture of Linux and windows interface but nothing more special. It also installed my winmodem so I probably assumed that it still a windows OS.

lindows is the former name of the linux distribution Linspire. They changed the name due to legal reasons, but I can assure you it was not in any way actually based on windows code. It was/is simply an attempt at a similar system that is easy for windows users to migrate toward.

To the title of the thread, there are many other OS's out there, just not very heavily hyped.
There is of course BeOS, and BSD (sort of like unix) and freeBSD.... there are many others... search wikipedia for it, there is a rather complete list on there somewhere.

Yes, it looks promising indeed.

Lindows changed to Linspire b/c Microsoft complainded it look too much like Windows...they are babyish. Plus, they sue everybody out of their guts and no one can't sue them

EDIT: Looking back at SkyOS, if it opens .exe and some other Windows files, it's good to take. I posted a question about it

OS/2 can open exe files, but getting OS/2 is useless

OK I got my asnwer back and they told me no. But, ReactOS will do it. I WANT REACT OS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom