Reputation, stop!

MarxSoccer said:
Can you guys stop begging for reputation after you post for somebody?

I've seen too many of these.. "Oh and since I helped you can you add to my reputation?"

Who cares! It's a little green box under your name. If they think you've helped them they will add, if not then they won't.

You dont really' need to make another thread about it...i said that in the OTHER thread about rep, and as i said people are ABUSE'N it..totally and you cant say that they arent..you could of had your say in the other thread aswell..

Reasons and ways people are ALREADY abuse the rep system

~ People are BEGGING for some, now thats how despreat they are, its quite sad actually..

~ People are even neg rep'n people for no reason..dont worry im a wake up to some of you!..i have ways of telling…Look at steven(webmoney) he got neg rep aswell for no reason…
I mean ..hello? why neg rep for some thread and post like ~ http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=24684
For example? Whats the deal there? No point..Its just stupid

geek_gal said:
G0d people!.. see what i mean you people are abuse'n the system, it DONT work like that you dont just give reps out to every dick and harry! Jut for the fun of it..

Someone helps you ..you give them a rep
Someone post something that is wrong and giving the wrong advice you dont rep at ALL or neg rep them, its simple!

Not that hard to understand and follow!

The other forums im on knows how it works and its a great forum coz people dont abuse it and works out just fine.. Come to think of it its a better run forum the MODs are fanastic and ban memebers and etc and handle wells and memebers dont bitch and bicker like little school girls and the banned members dont come back to start any trouble they get over it! and etc etc..
I wish CF was like that but even better! We all need to stick together and do what we come here for...COMPUTERS and learn and help! etc etc..
/me puts my shop box away..
/end of rant/bitch/complaining

ChuNalt787 said:
Ya I agree too.

Now can I have reputation for supporting u? ;)

XD haha

For that YOU got a rep....
{no no im not contradicting my words, he was 'helpful' heh}..he was..
*walks off*

I agree ... reputation doesn't reflect on anything besides the fact that anybody can add a reputation for any kind of reason ... i also have to agree with jac006, lots of irony lol :)

Youve changed your name daemon.

Why is it that everybody is changing their names now ?

I never type my username or password.. I use roboform to do it for me...

root said:

Haha very funny...but seriously, how could you have a roboform and not me? How do I obtain me? Is it just by having the "Remember Me?" being checked?

webmonkey said:
Youve changed your name daemon.

Yes I have.
This one just fits me better, though none of u are never going to know what it means. :p And I use this in stuff like online game nicks etc.

Sorry if I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but what is it anyway, I've noticed the wee green box under my name, but what is it, how do you check your reputation?

I notice that when I hover my cursor over it, it says summint daft like "connchri is on a distinguished road". But every user I've hovered over says that with a green box. Whats the different levels if there are any. Whats the different colors if there's any.

Sorry if this is old news, but I've been awful busy lately and not spent that great deal of time on CF recently.

root said:

haha, not everyone wants their comp. to remember them..
yes robo form can do it for you..i prefer no.

Just done a search on CF about it, and now I get it. I'm quite impressed, I got 12 or summint but not here often, must be my imperial way of writing posts or summint.

I read somewhere David L mentioning displaying the repution number of some people, I agree. Showing the number and perhaps working out a value taking into account a users reputation and the number of posts they have written would be a great indicator on the quality of their posts. I.e, if they have say, 100 posts in one month, and get 120 repution points, a value such as 1.2 or 120% can be displayed to show how useful a member has been for the past or previous month. This could be reset everymonth and their previous ratings displayed in their Public Profile to make a "Usefull History" graph or something.

This would stop silly posts and cutdown on waste made by people trying to reach guru level. Would increase the efficiency of the site and promote it as a learning recource.

P.S, I'll take the oppertunity to compliment on the new great style of CF. Well smooth.

Back
Top Bottom