Operating system

outlawstar4761

In Runtime
If I install a new OS say linux or Minix or something. What will happen to windows and if I don't like that is can I get windows back? Thanks.

You should be able to install Linux on a seperate partition of your Hard Drive.
This way, you won't get rid of Windows, or any of your files. Another good way to do this is have seperate hard drives with different operating systems. Then you can access files on both drives, but run either operating system when you boot up.

I've deleted this link already, see that it's not there in the future, or face the consequences!, get back to me ASAP

If you don't need to use linux that much I recommend Knoppix. It's a linux live-CD, which means you put the CD in the drive reboot your computer and it goes to linux. When you're done just take out the CD and reboot, and you're back to windows.

teddavis said:
If you don't need to use linux that much I recommend Knoppix. It's a linux live-CD, which means you put the CD in the drive reboot your computer and it goes to linux. When you're done just take out the CD and reboot, and you're back to windows.

OHHHHHH that's what the the instructions said. This is minix3 and it said to put the zip on a cd. Well thanks for the quick reply I just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!!

teddavis said:

Woot! Go Knoppix! I use it at school so i can go on all the blocked websites. Hehehehe

wiktorek01 said:
Woot! Go Knoppix! I use it at school so i can go on all the blocked websites. Hehehehe
Don't boast about getting round school computers, that's illegal, & I ought to disable your account,....comments??

outlawstar4761 said:
That's not illegal it's just sticking it to the man!! No need to go disabling anyone ^_^
What's not illegal?, boasting about it is just stupid, actually doing it IS very illegal, nobody is going to agree with you that it isn't, & I just warned him that I could disable his account, you're just nit-picking, probably because you don't like mods in general, or is it just me?, Seti was much tougher on members than me, I've known him to PB a member for saying the same thing, I'll decide the correct action to take, I treat each case on it's merits or demerits.

If you want to grab your disro, go to www.linuxiso.org

If the link doesn't work try and try again. It works, it' just that the server sometimes doesn't respond fast enough

Back
Top Bottom