Cpu Overheating???

jibber

In Runtime
Hey all,
Quick question..... is there any way to increase your cpu fan because at the moment it is sitting on 3200rpm and the cpu is 77 C, and i just turned it on bout 15 min ago, and all i am doing is browsing the net...... im sure this is ab-normal!!! it is a 3ghz P4. last night i put some articsilver cooling stuff on it though it seems to have made it worse!!!??? Can anyone give me any advice please???

Thanks

I Had Same Chip And Same Problem.
Get A Better Fan.
I Changed Mine For A Vapochill Fan And No More Over Heating.
You Could Make Some Morecirculation In Your Case By Adding Other Fans To The Case.
Woz

yeah i have a case fan to suck out the hot air but it is still really get hot!! i dont think it should get that hot

How much Arctic Silver did you put? You only need a puny drop on the middle and if you want, you can get something to spread it out to about paper thin. If you put too much, then it becomes a insulator instead of a thermal conductor.

Also, stock heatsinks aren't always the best way to go. If I were you, use a third party heatsink like Zalman, Thermaltake or ThermalRight.

acottenham said:
yeah i have a case fan to suck out the hot air but it is still really get hot!! i dont think it should get that hot

u should also have an intake fan or even 2, if your case doesnt support that then i suggest a new case but deffinately put a zalman heatsink on there

yeah, i have the two fans on the case... one on the side and one on top...

When i installed the articsilver stuff i only put a very small amount on!!! but i have a feeling i screwed it up as it doesnt seem to be working!!! should i put the articsilver on there again or just leave it and get a better fan/heatsink???

arctic silver (and other thermal pastes too I gues) need some time to start working as well as they can. After a few days of use the arctic silver should start to cool ur pc more efficiently. Though still that 77C sounds way too high. U should definately get a new heatsink.

did u apply to the heatsink too? what ur suppose to do is put a drop less if you could and get a old credit card or soemthing similar and spread it around then just take of any excess so that u only see that you still see through it but there is a really fine layer of it on. thermal paste is actually a horrible heat conductor. what happens is it is used to fill in any grains or tiny little gaps sot hat when u meet the heatsink and processor there is more contact resulting in more heat disapation. hope this helped

Back
Top Bottom