There should be like stars or something next to where the quote button is after every reply cause people dont notice those small icons. They focus attention to the body of the reply.

webmonkey said:
haha. i got 21 reputation, i am winning the competition, wat do we get for doing it?

I have 21 too, but, the real question is... do we really care?

spank_fusion said:
Yeah, they increase as your reputation increases. If your reputation falls below zero, it will turn red.

....Everyone give me some reputation!! Hehe.
How do I give negative Rep points...
:evil:

Haha, i suppose one would have to be a real jerk, to get into the red.maybe we should find out in the staff lounge.

I remember giancarlo had a reputation status that said "giancarlo is on a questionable status" or something like that... he was the only too... it was funny...

Also, You can configure it to Show messages in the Control Panel of the members (not individual members, but the admin can set it up like that)

And Also it can show the actual number of reps

I read somewhere David L mentioning displaying the repution number of some people, I agree. Showing the number and perhaps working out a value taking into account a users reputation and the number of posts they have written would be a great indicator on the quality of their posts. I.e, if they have say, 100 posts in one month, and get 120 repution points, a value such as 1.2 or 120% can be displayed to show how useful a member has been for the past or previous month. This could be reset everymonth and their previous ratings displayed in their Public Profile to make a "Usefull History" graph or something.

This would stop silly posts and cutdown on waste made by people trying to reach guru level. Would increase the efficiency of the site and promote it as a learning recource.

P.S, I'll take the oppertunity to compliment on the new great style of CF. Well smooth.

jac006 said:
I remember giancarlo had a reputation status that said "giancarlo is on a questionable status" or something like that... he was the only too... it was funny...

Although I and a lot of other folk had a lot of run in's with him, I kind of miss his posts. Ok, he was considered a jerk a lot of the time, but others he was right on the ball. Especially (in my view, so don't take it personal) most of his arguments against apple and their company and the war in Iraq.

He should be regarded as lengendary!

I just took a look at my reputation!! w00t 22!!

thanks for the people who awarded me reputation for this post but that does represent exactly why the reputation system is flawed...

another indication of why it is flawed is when a banned member came back with a new account to award me negative points... whilst I did admitidly have a few harsh words to say to him, it wasn't really his place to come back with a new account after being banned.

silly silly games...

Back
Top Bottom