disk check

disnurse

Beta member
everytime i reboot my computer either on a restart or even just powering up initially the disk check runs, never finds any errors or anything. I am powering down correctly, start,turn off computer. this all started when i got an ati2dvag error anda vpu recovery error message. After numerouss attempt to fix the drivers i have finally been successful but still getting check disk. computer is running fine, device manager isn;t showing any yellow questions. What can this be... warranty runs out in 1 weeks.

winxp sp2, 80gbhd, 512 ram, radeon 9250

I had that problem with my old PC, i reinstalled windows for a different reason and it went away

Looks like your comp. is stuck in disk check mode... Whenever you shutdown, the OS changes a bit on the HD to signal a successful shutdown.

When the computer is powered up, the OS checks the bit if the shutdown was successful. If it sees a 0 (false/no) the shutdown wasnt successful and runs a disk check. If it sees a 1 (true/yes) the shutdown was successful and skips the disk check and resets it to 0. When you got that error, the OS probably didnt change the bit to 1 when it shutdown.

To solve this, try running:
chkdsk /f /x
answer yes to the question. Then restart, Check disk should say that it was scheduled. After you log in, restart. It shouldnt run. Also, try disabling that recovery mode on the graphics card.

AnonymousI said:
Looks like your comp. is stuck in disk check mode... Whenever you shutdown, the OS changes a bit on the HD to signal a successful shutdown.

When the computer is powered up, the OS checks the bit if the shutdown was successful. If it sees a 0 (false/no) the shutdown wasnt successful and runs a disk check. If it sees a 1 (true/yes) the shutdown was successful and skips the disk check and resets it to 0. When you got that error, the OS probably didnt change the bit to 1 when it shutdown.

To solve this, try running:
chkdsk /f /x
answer yes to the question. Then restart, Check disk should say that it was scheduled. After you log in, restart. It shouldnt run. Also, try disabling that recovery mode on the graphics card.

I wish I had somebody that helpful when I had this problem.
This is eventually how i solved the problem, but it took weeks to find out.

Want a free computer?
<Deleted spam link>

Back
Top Bottom