Is this compatiable?

kjchui

Baseband Member
Can anyone verify that these two components are compatiable?

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail

thanks in advance

can someone please help, I was just told by someone that this motherboard is nto for X2 processors so I am panicking

some people are telling me that all it needs is a bios update? They are saying that it is compatible?

i suppose that might work - im not very good on amds or dual core stuff - maybe you could check on the mobo manufacturers site?

the only problem is: how do you update the bios if your processor won't work without updating the bios - will it work on one of its cores until the bios is updated or do you have to get hold of a single core cpu to update the bios with????

if you already have a board and are using any socket 939 processor, you will have to update the bios before you install the x2 processor. if you buy a new board it should already have the latest bios version with support for x2 processors.

yeah ok, but how do you update the bios if your cpu wont work until youve updated the bios - its a kind of vicous cycle

Back
Top Bottom