Spybot..dangerous?

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Ive wondered about this ever since..and i still dont get it?

Is it dangerous?

Or what does it really mean?

ezrgae.jpg

thoughts?

It doesn't mean that it's dangerous ... all it means is that you've got to know what to do ... like HijackThis ... if you don't know what your doing, your going to mess up your computer ... it detests risks, some of which may or may not be valid ones

Also, some programs rely on the adware that they install....like bearshare, it has a program called "Save!", it's adware, but you can't uninstall it without uninstalling bearshare. and what spybot might do is delete all or part of that adware and perhaps cause that program to quit working. So in effect, you could cause some programs to quit working by deleting the adware that they rely on, but if you don't have any of that stuff installed on your computer you need not worry.

And to add to that, all the spyware that it finds on your computer will give you an option to save your actions before you make them, that way if you disable some spyware that depends on certain programs to work, you can always go back and undo.

~mr mixx~ said:
And to add to that, all the spyware that it finds on your computer will give you an option to save your actions before you make them, that way if you disable some spyware that depends on certain programs to work, you can always go back and undo.

I didn't know that spybot did that. I don't use it because it has never worked right on my computer for some reason so I use Ad Aware.
you could always do a system restore too if something ends up not working when you do a adware/spyware scan and removal.

It's just to save them, just so if anything we're to happen, there safe from you, and maybe a few lawyers haha

omfg...Thanks guys for ya help on my..really noobish question... :eek:

dyserq said:
It doesn't mean that it's dangerous ... all it means is that you've got to know what to do ... like HijackThis ... if you don't know what your doing, your going to mess up your computer ... it detests risks, some of which may or may not be valid ones

And is that like CCleaner aswell? I dont know much about 'HijackThis' is that when you want to log off your computer or something like that? Or to do with the registry?

i meant log your computer.. :eek:

Oh yeah, CCleaner I'm sure could wipe your whole C drive from under your feet if you weren't careful... :p

As for any program like this, a message like that is standard. It just tells you that they won't account for your computer and pay for it, and so they can't be sued if anything actually happens while using their software.

This is also true if a program is a BETA, and a new version, but just not finalised yet, as some bugs might still entail.

As logn as your careful with these programs though, nothing should happen :D

Kage said:
Oh yeah, CCleaner I'm sure could wipe your whole C drive from under your feet if you weren't careful... :p

As for any program like this, a message like that is standard. It just tells you that they won't account for your computer and pay for it, and so they can't be sued if anything actually happens while using their software.

This is also true if a program is a BETA, and a new version, but just not finalised yet, as some bugs might still entail.

As logn as your careful with these programs though, nothing should happen :D

yeah, they gotta have all that legal mumbo jumbo too.....what if someone runs it on a government computer and it deletes some really important program or file? ........they'd be in deeeeeeep $*^& if they didn't put that legal stuff.

Exactly, because if they don't make it clear, and don't print it, they are liable for damage.

Its just like packages containing warnings, and irons for example, saying to not use it with your clothes on you. Its so that if anyone does that, they can't be sued for it for not warning people.

Back
Top Bottom