Booting problems

mudderfacar

Solid State Member
Hey guys im in need of serious help. When i turn my computer on nothing boots up at all. The power to the processor and stuff is still there (i think anyway but the fan is spinning) but no BIOS comes up and no hard disc is being accessed.

My power supply is making a funny buzzing sound though when i put it on so i thought that was the problem but seeing as the fan is spinning on the processor then it still is getting power from it. So im thinking it could be my motherboard but i dont know how to test this to see if it is true.

My motherboard is a MSI KT3V.

Help me please!

PS I put my hard drive into a friends computer and was able to get access to it so i know that isnt the problem.

I think the motherboard may be toasted, the PSU could be damaged which could have caused this.

Yeah, have you done any oc'ing lately? If all that comes up is that, as malcu said, it's most likely a fried cpu or a screwed up mobo. Try taking out each component and replacing it. I know this is hard, but it will locate your problem.

I havent been overclocking my processor but i did replace it with my older slower AMD one which didnt change a thing. My current processor the AMD 2800 is at the top end of which my mobo could handle so is it screwed then?

Only oc'ing ive been doing is a little bit on my graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom