Win xp activate key has exceeded its activation limit

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Hello all.

i recently brought a new mobo. its a DFI Lan Party Ultra D.

installed it OK. everything looking nice, pretty and working fine.

I then restarted it. it came up with a message saying that because of the hardware change it has to be re-activated. typed in my keycode clicked ok and then it came up with a message saying that the number of times i can activate windows with this key has been exceeded. Please enter a diferent key

of course i have no different key and would like ot know why the hell it even has a limit to how many times i can install my own copy of windows xp!!!!!

i beleive i might have to get in contact with microsft and ask them about this, unless anyone else hsa some ideas?

edit: it has also only given me three days to get this sorted¬!

just ring the number you wont even speak to anyone it is a automated line that gives you a new serial no

maybe a disk that explodes after the first install
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say that they suck just because u have to waste a few minutes after everytime that u have installed windows a few times.

As already said u just call there and u get a new key. It's just made for anti-piracy reasons.

AnonymousI said:
maybe a disk that explodes after the first install
biggrin.gif

actually these kinds of disks do exist. I don't think that they are used that much, but when they came out u could like buy a dvd movie for a few bucks, and after u watch it once or twice the disk will burn so that it will become useles. It's just like renting the movie, but u didn't have to take it back to the place u rented it from, and they didn't have to take any info about u when u got the movie.

But I doubt that they are going to put windows on a dvd like that.

sorted it out. just rang them up. they explained to me that because i have used this key to install this windows xp on my other two comps it will not allow me to do it to this one as i have used it more than once. the lady was very nice and i could hear everything she said to me!!!!! (makes a nice change, usually the words i say most is pardon i cant hear you) she explained apart of the licensing agreement stating how it can only go on one comp and then gave me the key to access it other the phone. thought i was going to have to buy anothger key and then send Bill Gates some nice anthrax in the post for ripping me off yet again the money dwelling greedy son of a gun little toe-rag dirty rat eating BAS*ARD!!!!!!!!!!! good customer service line tho. open late at unsocialable hours in which i didnt have to wait hours to talk to a human

Back
Top Bottom