I'm a noob, so this may sound silly but...

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
Does every component in a laptop specifically designed for a laptop?

Example, could you take the processor and motherboard out of a PC and stick it in a laptop (on size only, not compatability).

I'm saying this because I want a laptop with a good graphics card, but there are too few.

If this is totally ridiculous go easy on me please

Well ... to be honest, it is extremely hard to update or modify your laptop components or graphics card at that ...

No. The lpatop size is way too small for PC components. Plus, it is very hard to upgrade with a new lappy mobo

yep, laptop components are specially designed for laptops because of their small size, and laptop components are more expensive than desktop components. there is nothing that you can interchange from a desktop to a laptop.

you can put a laptop cpu in a desktop but you cant put a desktop cpu in a laptop. Laptop cpu's run at lower voltage and lower temps so more ocing headroom :D

thats why you get the ASUS 478 to 479 adapter :D and oc the bejesus out of that thing.

Yeah, probably the only thing similar in a laptop is the processor. In most laptops, the processor can be removed/upgraded, but the graphics processor will almost definitely be hardwired onto the motherboard. Pretty much the only other part that is not made specifically for each individual laptop is the RAM. Laptop RAM is standardized to work with most laptop systems. Everything else like the motherboard and fans and keyboard and screen are all built for that specific laptop.

So, to answer your question, it is very unlikely that you would be able to upgrade your graphics without getting a whole new laptop.

Lac3y said:
Does every component in a laptop specifically designed for a laptop?

Example, could you take the processor and motherboard out of a PC and stick it in a laptop (on size only, not compatability).

I'm saying this because I want a laptop with a good graphics card, but there are too few.

If this is totally ridiculous go easy on me please

Yes they are for laptops only, but I have seen some mobile CPUs in Desktops before. Laptop components are only for laptops and cannot mismatch with PCs in terms of form factor and compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom