99nasha in the flesh!

99nasha said:
I was lucky enough to fire one at the range from 400 meters .303 rounds give a serious kick. The SA80 recoils upwards and you barely feel it, (SA80's have 5.56 rounds) But my god does the lee enfield kick. It uses 7.62 rounds (or .303 inchs) which are massive. I only had 5 and couldnt move afterwards. Its evil...No wonder it was taken out of service. I only got to fire it because I was the most experienced NCO at the range...

I never used lee enfields for drill, we used the cadet GPs, or the watered down version of the SA80
Yeah, we only got to use the extra weapons because we were police, we used to patrol with Stens & dogs, it was a secure radar site in Lincolnshire.

On one occasion, back at the barracks, we had about a dozen officer cadets, billeted in a hut, on the square, I was going off duty one evening & there was an unholy din coming from their hut, I went in, & told them that if they didn't shut up they'd be reported to the commanding officer, which could result in them being taken off the course, & not have a chance to become an officer.........deathly silence, not a peep out of them until they finished the course, & left.

I love having power :D Great fun!

Yeah, isn't it, I get a real buzz, kicking some Yanks off-site, they are 95% of trouble on CF,..........no offence to the remaining 5%!

Maurice

extendcradle said:
Congrats man,how I wish to experienced such things. So what's next?
Next, just carry on as befoe.
My brother was in the Phillipines some years back, I'll tell you the whole sad story if you like, how come you are out there, working, or born there, if you don't mind me asking?

Maurice said:
Next, just carry on as befoe.
My brother was in the Phillipines some years back, I'll tell you the whole sad story if you like, how come you are out there, working, or born there, if you don't mind me asking?

I was born here. Yes of course you could tell your sad story.

extendcradle said:
I was born here. Yes of course you could tell your sad story.
Well, it's a bit complicated, when our parents died, my elder brother couldn't stand living in the same house so he took up lodging with a family of Phillippino's, is it OK to call them that?, but they were a bad lot, he told them he got £25,000 for his house, in no time they had convinced him to "invest" all of it out there, to build a hotel, of course there was no hotel, & he lost every penny, before he knew that, they got him to fly out, & marry a 16 year-old native girl, he was in his 60's, this was of course to get his money, once they had it, they had the marriage annulled, he had nowhere to live out there, little money for food, & slept under huts.
I got a phone call from the Home Office, telling me that he was stranded there, & needed £600 for the airfare home, I sent it, telling him I wanted nothing more to do with him for being a fool, & wasting all that money, well I heard no more, then a few years later, I found that he had died two years before, those people had kicked him out, & he ended up in a cheap apartment, where he broke his hip in a fall, then died of lung cancer, I went to Portsmouth to find his unmarked grave, & had a headstone erected.

He brought it all on himself really, because he was very gullible, & am so sorry it happened like that, as I said, a VERY sad story.

Maurice

99nasha said:
Well here you go, due to popular demand here I am!

This was wing training day and I had to receive an award of wing commandant chitty. Rather nerve wracking since he's the head of air cadets, for the whole country. Well there you go...Ill go post this in the member photos then

field20day20200520141_jpg.jpg

Nice pic man, we finally see you without your motorcycle helmet on..Now you should copy this thread into the member's photo thread..:)

Maurice said:
Well, it's a bit complicated, when our parents died, my elder brother couldn't stand living in the same house so he took up lodging with a family of Phillippino's, is it OK to call them that?, but they were a bad lot, he told them he got £25,000 for his house, in no time they had convinced him to "invest" all of it out there, to build a hotel, of course there was no hotel, & he lost every penny, before he knew that, they got him to fly out, & marry a 16 year-old native girl, he was in his 60's, this was of course to get his money, once they had it, they had the marriage annulled, he had nowhere to live out there, little money for food, & slept under huts.
I got a phone call from the Home Office, telling me that he was stranded there, & needed £600 for the airfare home, I sent it, telling him I wanted nothing more to do with him for being a fool, & wasting all that money, well I heard no more, then a few years later, I found that he had died two years before, those people had kicked him out, & he ended up in a cheap apartment, where he broke his hip in a fall, then died of lung cancer, I went to Portsmouth to find his unmarked grave, & had a headstone erected.

He brought it all on himself really, because he was very gullible, & am so sorry it happened like that, as I said, a VERY sad story.

Maurice

That was sad.I probably agree that certain people could do those miserable things. Did they investigate for these thing? Because I didn't even saw it on newspaper or TV news. What did the ambassador to the philippines do?

Sorry to hear about your brother Maurice, could you guys send me a link to more information about the Air Cadets? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom