Drug Bust

Alcohol in the UK: You can drink alcohol at age 5 (yes, that's 5 and not 15) in your own home. You can buy it yourself at age 18.

Cannabis is currently class C in the UK (downgraded from class B), there was serious talk about legalising it. I've never tried drugs or cigarettes, but I do drink alcohol.

I know people who get hold of all sorts of dodgy substances from here and there, and they use them although I don't. It gets talked about us amongst friends, but I don't really know who the dealers are. I don't think anything of it; if they want to do themselves in, well **** 'em - I steer clear of it.

I'd always say stay away from drugs - they will ruin your life. We had a reformed drug addict as a guest speaker in school a couple of years back, he turned his life around with one month to live, and now travels the country documenting his experiences with drugs. He had some horrific stories to tell, and he was a normal middle class guy like everyone else - he was well dressed and well spoken. So it can affect everyone, not just homeless tramps.

God damn, this country is ****** up these days.

In my opinion, this thread got way out of hand before the second page even started.

mark thorpe said:
smoking isnt socially acceptable...

if the drugs are illegal, their illegal for a reason. if you do illegal drugs you are an idiot, and deserve to be put in jail.

Smoking IS socailly acceptable that why until a few years ago you could find cigrettes advertised on bill boards in the high streets, and you could find it advertised in any number of magazines. Thats why smokers can buy cigarettes in the high streets rather than the back alleys from extortionate dealers.
Thats why (until next week) it's perfectly acceptable to smoke anywhere you please, be in inside of outside, (unless there are courtesy/safety signs asking you not to smoke).

Drinknig IS socailly acceptable, thats why it's legal, that why there are pubs, thats why licensing hours are being extended, meaning that in the UK we can still be sitting in a regular pub, (not club or late bar) finishing drinks at one in the morning.
we live in a society where we can smoke and drink, (known to damage our healths), yet we can't take canabis, (which could be harmles depending on the method of consumption.

Canabis is not socailly acceptable, that is it's biggest challenge.

The reason why canabis is illegal is because it was covered in a blanket legislation regarding all narcotic substances, (eg, cocaine/heroin) first made illegal in 1925, despite advise that it's use did not cause harm.
http://www.idmu.co.uk/historical.htm

Now we are living in a situation where we have a substance that is a mild narcotic, that is controlled by law. despite it's many medical benefits.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/extra/series2/cannabis.shtml

e.g MS pain reliefe, glaucoma eye pressure relief etc etc etc...
http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj002b.htm

canabis has been know about for a very long time, (first written about in chinese medicines at 2737BC).
yet our perceptions is based on a law that is 80 years old...
let me think, what should I form rational opinion on , a law <80 years old, based on the word narcotic, without individually asesing the risks or benefits. or >4500 years of medical research...

since that 4500 years takes us to before the times of chrstianity, (and leading a good christian life is what a lot of law seems to be based on)... I'll choose to believe the medical research...

Even the police agree that it should be sold in shops.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,591447,00.html

not to be outdone even the UK government is suggesting that it should be sold in shops.
http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/11/18/ncan18.xml

what a strange situation we have, that law makers and enforcers, all seem to support canabis use, medical scientists support it's use...

leaving only the few counsilers and religious types left only saying "drugs are bad m'kay"...

IMHO the poeople that make a tidy living going round schools are preaching the wrong stories. drugs havn't ruined their lives, they've led them to an easy life making a living from standing up in front of a small class giving a speak about how although they are nicely dressed, drove a nice car to the buildings, and have generally a nice life, (and their drug use has played a part in that, -it's the very reason they are able to do that)... they simply say that drugs will ruin your life...

If you take the time to forget yuor prejudices regarding this particular drug, and do some research (I did a lot of research for you, with only one google search), then you'llk realise Canabis laws are based on fiction, they are overzelous and damaging to the research that could be dnoe in this arena.

So, from doing a litle research we've determind that smoking is socailly acceptable, (hence it's widespread use), and the canabis laws are based n no sort of medical or social research what-so-ever...

Paradox whats worse then a murder. A rat taht gets involed into other poeples business. If it doesn't affect you stay out of it. See somone sniffing a line stay away. I remember one time I scared the crap out of some crackheads by accident. So when they found out I was just looking for some cigs and a pack of blacks they bought it for me which was nice. I left them smoking, and sniffing. I didn't care enough to report them. Why you ask. Simple enough was it hurting me? No. Plus rats when they get found out they normally get jumped. And esp if you bust up a lot of druggies. You won't be safe so thats aother thing to think about. And plus its not your business. I may not be telling you whats right legally but i'm giving you advice to keep your face staright, don't want your eyes where your nose are. I just wouldn't do it. but I don't got a problem with drugges. I do weed here and there nothing esle I could care less if someone is doing anything esle not my business. However when it becomes my busienss is when I step in. But I make sure it doesn't

And markie weed they outlawed it because gov couldn't tax it correclty plus they had nothing to better to do like probhition. there has been studies showing that a lil weed usage is safer then drinking. And a pot head really doesn't wanna drive home or anything they just don't give a crap and want to sit back and relax. I know when I drink I like to fool around, and do stupid things. ANyways see ya.

Also, these druggiez aren't goin to try to research and "CSI" the bust to find the snitch. If one of them knows that you knew something, that's all they need to come after you.

or if someone even thinks they know something...

Anyway... to add a little more to the debate a couple of the boffins here from the pharmacy and pharmacology department (In the University of Bath where I work) have found that selective canabis treatment react in different ways with the molecules in the human gut and have started to develop a canbis based treatment for IBD, Irritable bowel disorder.. a disorder that I'm lucky enough not to have, but a disorder that proves rather embarassing and life limiting for those who do suffer from it. -and affects a huge amount of people world wide.

Oh by the way, there's no way the government will give you 2500 for the druggies you bust. They said $500 for each tagger/graphitti person you turn in, and my friend turned in 2 because they kept on messing up his apartment complex, and he got nothing.

2500 sounds WAY too much for being a wussy taddle teller anyways.

yea I agree. There are probably many exceptions, and especially when you bust all of them in such a small period of time.

Oh! today at my school were some undercover cops :p their car was all normal and everything, didnt even notice it was cruiser until i saw those lights inside. Also the officers were dressed soooo casually. And there was this kid in the backseat hehehe.
But yea, the coppers are always hanging around my school.
And...a police officer is coming to my class tomorrow to talk about his career. I dared my friend to come high hehehehe.

"Hey kids, don't you wish you can become a control freak when you grow up? Beating up the human beings with different perspectives, in other words bad people?"

Not all cops are bad but, I decided that most of them are control freaks and overexaggerate everything after seeing 7 cops brutally beat the living shit out of a teenager at a concert and stomping on his face while there was glass on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom