Someone please please help me reinstall windows :(

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok people, I want to completly wipe everything from my hard drive, and just start again with everything, I've tried but everything still seems to be there. How do I completly get rid of everything, have one partition, and just wipe everything from my hard drive. I want to install windows home...tonight!

all recent versions of windows come on a bootable cd so you just put the cd in the drive, reboot the pc and follow the instructions

I did that but most of my files are still there, and I only want one partition and I have threee!

If you have windows 2000 or greater, then you can delete all the partitions from windows setup (ms dos portion of setup)

Boot with Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM click go through all the options until it asks you if you want to repair or install windows. Choose install then when it comes to the place where you choose partitions (you may have to get to this menu manually). It should list a few partitions (usually Fat32, or NTFS). Choose to delete the partitions format the drive as an NTFS partition and you should be good to go. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom