Suggestions needed please

kaylamay1

Beta member
Hello,
I didn't know if you could help me out but I thought I would give it a try. I am an art student looking for an art job and I have a pc. On most jobs they ask that you be profficient on both mac and pc. I used macs in school and I was wondering if I should invest in getting a mac for my personal use so I will not become rusty? I don't really like macs, but I could use it for some of my graphics. I just don't know if I should get a mac, that is costly, that I will only use a minimal amout of time, just so I can say that I have used macs recently and not feel weird by just saying, " I used them while I was in school." I am so confused. Do any of you have an suggestions? Please and thank you :D

Since you are an art student, but both a Mac and a PC. Or buy a Mac and build your own PC off the side. THat's what I would do. You can 'emulate' a Mac on a PC, but only the skin part so it's not like using a Mac.

eh, I wouldn't buy a mac if you're only going to use it a minimal amount of time, they are wayy to expensive to be doing that. I would buy one only if you plan to use it all the time.

if you want to get a Mac, to become more Mac savy, don't buy a expensive one. Get a Mac mini or something, because they wont leave a huge huge whole in your pocket.

Chris

I would get a mac, becuase they are better anyway than computers for art and design, actually i might mention that to my it teacher when we go back to school, At my old school they had it on a windows network, we had fun hacking..lol

I was looking at an old refurbed mac because I love my pc that I built over a mac. I don't really like them, but it will only be for a minimal amount of time at most that I will be on it. I was looking at a ibook se, you know the ones that are different colors? because once I buy a mac, I have to get all my progrmas all over again. sux

lhuser said:
Well, a G3 or G4 could do then. The G5 s like $2500
yeah I saw that I and I refuse to spend that kind of cash on a computer I don't even really like. LOL :p

Back
Top Bottom