Windows Vista

Oh godd, not again. A new OS in the works...............man......This is a new .Net based desktop OS, planned for release well after Vista. A few references exist on the Microsoft web site, but nothing official yet.

AnonymousI said:
I also hear that MS is going to produce six versions of Vista

Vista Starter ED
Vista Professional
Vista Home
Visa Ultimate
Vista Server
And Vista Avanced server?

HAHA, guess what I got now? Because I'm a student at Cal Poly and a CIS student, we have been granted membership through MSDN. I get everything all FREAKING FREE!!!! OH my god, I'm getty from excitment. All I have to pay is the shipping and handling if I choose to order it. They're pretty much .iso files for the download version. I don't seem to see Vista on there so I guess it's an MSDN Academic Alliance sort of thing. I have to browse that site to see what I can get..

Dude, I have access to like every single Microsoft OS and software available there for free. Unbeliveable. Everything from Enterprise/Servers OS-software-etc., to everything else. Still no Vista, but that's ok. I have access to a whole bunch of developer stuff too. I'm going to download all of the tonight.

But still, free Microsoft software?!?!? That is nuts.....

TRD ... look on there for longhorn ... thats Vista. They just haven't changed the name yet on MSDN. I installed it over the weekend on an HP zv5220 3000+ 512 mb (2700) laptop with nvidia 32 mb geforce card. Seems to work fairly well with that. Not seeing any issues with video, 'course I've not tried running anything intensive on it ... yet.

I don't see Longhorn unfortunately, darn it. But here's a list of what I can get for free. So cooooool:

MSDN.jpg

MSDN2.jpg

MSDN3.jpg

Here's a sample of me getting Server Enterprise Edition, lol. At least shows you that its FREEEE:

MSDN4.jpg

Here's another view of the site, with me logged out of course:

MSDN5.jpg

It OWNS, but again, I wish Longhorn or Vista would be on there. Oh well. With the number of software I have access too, Vista can wait...I'm downloading Windows XP Pro with SP2 on it. I need it bad because I have the crack version now and it won't install SP2 properly. I like the security integration in SP2.

Next, I want to get the Virtual PC and try it out. Half of that stuff I probably won't even use unless I'm running like a business or something, so I don't know about those programs. I like the MSDN knowledge library. Wow, a complete set.

good stuff TRD! omg, i want windows xp for free.. (i mean because not that i'd be running my computer on a BOOTLEGGED copy of course..)

Back
Top Bottom