Page Numbers

catalyst1

BSOD
So yeah, did everyone forget or am I the only one with the problem still? The page number bar at the top still extends all the way instead of wrapping to the next line. Is anyone going to fix that?

Go to your user cp, then options then display threads from last month. There then that will fix it.

I don't want to change my thread view age. I want to see all threads. I don't understand how you guys would tell me to just ignore the problem. I'm guessing it's pretty easily fixable, too. Why can't someone just fix it?

P.S. I'm not trying to be an ass - I really do want to see all threads.

it's not something that we can fix, I can see the problem in IE, Firefox and Opera.

if you view the source the problem starts at line 560 and ends at line 735
its a table row with 168 columns.

the old style was just text so it wrapped round the page, and as you know browser engines are not meant to truncate tables...

in short, it's a problem with the VBulletin software,
If i had a copy of the showthread.php source, I could make a really messy fix that just added new rows... but even that isn't exactly perfect because then half you page could be taken up with this expanding downwards...

In short,
No, you and the problem is not forgotten,
Yes, there is a problem, the problem is bad coding practises on behalf of the forum makers,
No, short of changing the source there is nothing that can be done to fix it.

If you want it fixed on your screen, then you'll have to use the work around deecribed above, if you don't want to do that then you'll have to live with it.

Well, why didn't someone say that? Here I am thinking that someone just didn't want to go to the trouble of changing a couple things, and all along it was something in the forum code.

Ahhh... that was my best guess without being able to see the admin pannel for laying out the forum, (and I don't want to se that either!), perhaps someone with a little more Vbulletin experiance could tell me if my guess was right!?!

Back
Top Bottom