risks?????????

tja365

Baseband Member
ok i was wonder what are some of the risk in useing limewire. all my friends use it and i was wondering what should user of this program be more worried about........malware ot getting caught useing it. could u get caught if u only dl like 10 or less songs a week.

-plz replay

Well, considering that you want to download music anyway which is illiegal in the first place, that is a problem, yes.
Plus if you download software, malware is also a problem if you don't keep protected, yes.

The Music Industry is clamping down on downloading though, and though it may seem like winning the lottery (a reverse effect of course), its definietly possible they could decide to pick you.
Though, its usually the larger downloaders that get affected mainly.

I would consider if you do download 10 tracks a week, to think is it best to pay the price on music sites for this privilage, and get legal copies of the tracks.

In the end, you'll feel better knowing you won't get caught, and you'll also feel a bit better about yourself too.

I admit, I do download the odd song or too.

Your best bet is to keep your anti-virus program(s) in hand and scan EVERYTING that you download.

Also, it is better if you move the files out of the folder they were downloaded too else people will also be able to access them (also, sharing can be turned off in the settings some where)

Thanks
J

There is a danger using this, you could be the unlucky person that gets caught with the one file on your computer for the odd download, come on, why dont you just pay, many other people in the world do, so why cant these limewire users. In theory you could get caught for having downloaded the odd song, but they tend to be more focusing on the heavy illegal users. You shouldnt do anything illegal, because limewire.com will actually block your pc from it becuase they are clamping down on illegal tracks. I dont either see why music should be paid for but it does. After all, thats how the people that get there songs recorded make it to number one and everything. So, Why cant if you get about 10 songs a week cant you use something like tesco, aol music downloads or a program like itunes, and i think that napster might have a program. I wouldnt run the risk of getting caught when downloading them from non - illegal sources mean that they are cheaper than buying the brand new single out in a shop say woolworths or WH smith. Just dont do it, Think of the things that they could do like take your pc off you or your tv licence, so you cant watch tv, or use a computer?
If this opinion helped you please add to my reputation.

webmonkey said:

Last time I checked you don't ask for REP points. Thats like asking for a thank you.

webmonkey said:

You know, I tend foware haviing 50+ rep points. I want to check something

Still, worth it Limewire won't do good to you. But, if you use it to your own personal usage, it shouldn't be a problem

dose any1 no about any1 getting sues by these companys for dling very few songs and if so many people use it y crack down on just 1 unlucky person.

ive only heard of them sueing people that have dled 1000s on limewire. y dont they stop the dling of limewire insted of there music? my friend syas if u dont share anything with limewire u cant really get cought. is he right?

Ive used shareaza and nothing bad happens to me... But I only use it rarely like when I need to download a $3,000+ software (AutoCAD) for my sis. I think that people who dl a lot of things constantly like everyday will be caught... Right now, the music and movie industries are flooding the P2P network with bogus files. For example, if you dl a song, the song may run for 10 sec and then the rest is the sound of like the "white snow" on some tv channels.

Back
Top Bottom