Good System for Gaming PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I just got a new computer and I wa wondering if these specs are a good star to a good gaming computer:

3800+ AMD Atholon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
1 GB of Ram PC 3200 DDR SDRAM
250 gig hardrive 7200RPM Serial ATA
Integrated ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Graphics with 256 shared
Windows Media Center 2005 Edition

If yes what should I add to make it play (lets say) Battlefield 2 (offline) on medium without any slowdown (my runs on low and even lags a tiny bit)

It's ok. Still better to get a dedicated graphics card such as geforce 6600GT, 6800GT, or even a 7800GT or GTX. For the X2 CPU, boost that baby up to a Toledo core. What type of RAM is that? Use a high performance RAM and put them in dual channel mode.

It an HP 1250n computer

I do have a VERY limited budget and dont have much more money too spend on it..........100-200 AT MOST.

TRDCorolla said:
For the X2 CPU, boost that baby up to a Toledo core.

You don't need to do that, your processor is a very nice one and will handle any game fine. But yeah you do need to upgrade your graphics card, I would say a 6800GT or 7800GT. Then maybe get another gig of memory, you dont absolutly need it but it will help.

EDIT: If you only have like $200 then just get a 6600GT or 6800. Those would do fine

Kuberr said:
OR for 300, you can get a 7800GT.

Why do people post these stupid thing, he said he has $200 at MOST. So why do you go and say for $300 you can get this. He dosent have $300.

depending on ur motherboard.. you can either buy an agp or a pci e card>

if you have an agp based board, get a ati card like the 9800pro

if you're running it on pci-e , go with the 6600gt

good luck. both cards will run bf2 fine on medium settings.

Back
Top Bottom