computer overheating?

acekrn

In Runtime
hey, i was just playing fear at recommended settings, probably the game that takes out the most of my computer.. and after 3 hours of play.. i started smelling something like metal burning. i immediately turned off the game, and went back to the desktop

a hours later, i decied to play counter-strike and the same thing started happening.. only that time the smell went away afrer 2 - 4 minutes. i'm not sure whats going on.. cept that something is probably gonna catch on fire, and i just hope it's not my x850 xt rofl.

anyone have heard or experienced similar problems? i wnat to send this comp in for repairs if there's anything wrong with it... help please :) (thanks in advance)

nope, got too lazy.. before i used to have the 9700 pro on the same mobo..a nd it used to overheat like every 4 minutes.. so it might have damaged the agp portion of the board... and i just got a new card and inserted that.. but i dunno.. i havent checked for burnt makrs or anything.. i will now

Yeah, open up that case and touch the heatsink/fan on the graphics card to see if it's like burning hot to the touch. Do the same with the CPU, but if it is the CPU, your PC would probably be freezing up on you.

actually, i was trying to play cs one time.. and it started dropping to like 2 fps and shit.. and i was like UH OH.. so i shut it off right away.. i have a good feeling it's the cpu.. it's at like 50 degrees normally, just running windows.. it's an amd 64 3000+

sometimes the Fan goes WILD when i'm playing comp games.. so i open the side of the tower up and let another big fan blow into it..

That wouldnt be the best idea, that would get ALOT of dust and other junk in the case. How many fans do you have? Where? And what direction is the air flow for all of them?

okay, my fans are
1. case (rear)
2. cpu
3. gpu
4. a big fan blowing air from side (angled so it blows it out towards rear fan)

i've seen this thing on tom's hardware where if ur cpu dies, ur fps does to.. :(

Maybe it is thatm try everything else and use the cpu as sort as a last resort, or you could take the cpu back, how old is it?

cpu is... i think under a year old... so it prob has the amd warranty on it still ;)

Back
Top Bottom