Need opinion on property damage

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I know that this is like way off topic when it comes to ComputerForums, but I like to see if I can get some input regardless. Some crazy driver ran into my mom's brick wall in our backyard. So now, it's damaged. What actions need to be taken? Do we just pay out of our own pocket to fix the wall or do we notify the police? Homeowner's insurance? etc, etc.?? This happened when no one was home, but there is one witness that saw it happened.

What steps need to be taken in this case to get the wall fixed?

File a Police Report First
Then contact your Homeowner;s In, ask them for their polices

I was thinking that too. Have you had any experience with this kind of mess before? This is unbelievable that of all the houses along our block, it happened to us. If anyone else has comment about this or additional info., it would be great too.

The concrete wall didn't collapse, but it looks like it's about to. You can see all the cracks and the huge dent the car left behind. The wall's all flat everywhere else then all of a sudden you see this huge grove pushed out from behind like someone was punching their way through (about 5' wide). It looks pretty noticeable, but fortunately, did not break through. The orchid bush behind the wall was completely smashed down.

I would try and file it as a hit and run. Most likely you will have to pay for it out of pocket because you have no way of proving who it was w/o a license number. I was involved in a hit and run, and I didnt get the license information and I had to pay for the damage to the bumper out of my pocket, luckily the damage was minor and I already had a replacement bumper from a gt mustang.

Back
Top Bottom