In the process of building...Need suggestions

golf_addict73

In Runtime
well i've picked out all the parts that i want to use in the case...not gaming but everyday online stuff...
Here are the parts I think Im gonna buy...lemme know what you think and/or what i should change

Thermaltake soprano mid-tower(already purchased)
Thermaltake silent purepower 480w PSU(already purchased)
ABIT Ultra socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD motherboard
AMD athlon 3000+ processor
Corsair valueselect 1GB (2x512MB)
Hitachi deskstar 80GB SATA hard drive
GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR agp video card
Sony floppy
Lite-On black DVD-rom drive

Lemme know what you think and how this machine is going to compare with the DELL 4700C.......How much faster and everything....thanks

You may have a problem with that motherboard to go with your video card. I think that Abit version is a PCI-e motherboard. Can you give some links to that motherboard?

aww you're right...the motherboard is PCI and PCI-e......so then what video card do you think i should get that cost like $40...or suggest a good motherboard...somewhere around $100-$105

I would go with PCI-e integration and not get that FX5200 video card. You can keep that motherboard, but get this video card to go with it:

MSI NX6200TC-TD16E Geforce 6200TC Supporting 128MB 32-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127178

I would still prefer you get a 6600GT but that's at least $150. That video card I linked is basic and will do a good job at playing most games. I thnk you mentioned you're not a gamer? So this works for you. Only thing I hate about this card is that it uses system resources to power it. If you have more money in the future, you can always buy a newer and more expensive PCI-e video card for extreme gaming.

so now...if it uses system resources to power it what will that do to the rest of the system???So the rest of my computer will run smooth.....I want as fast of a computer as i can afford.......I think this is the best setup for my pricwe range.....unless you think other wise...then you gotta tell me

The 6200TC uses TurboCache technology which basically shares bandwidth of dedicated video memory and available system memory for larger graphics RAM of up to 128MB. If it's what you can afford, it's ok. I would get a 6600GT video card instead. It has dedicated 128MB of GDDR3. Everything looks good.

Back
Top Bottom